The Colored Museum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

The Colored Museum is a series of 11 “exhibits” that explores important themes  African-American culture.  The theatre production at Delaware State did a great job in creating this play. The first scene was Celebrity Slave Ship with Japaira as Miss Pat. I really enjoyed watching her because of how dramatic she was as a attendant.  Anthony did the best as Miss Roj, his monologue was one of the longest and he was engaging the entire time.  

The Hairpiece was also one my favorites because of the funny talking wigs. I enjoyed it because different hairstyles bring out a different side to you. Akilah and Quiara were funny and both really fun to watch. Last Mama on the Couch was a confusing scene for me but towards the ending I loved the singing and dancing that took place.

Lala’s Opening was on of my favorites also mainly because Courtney who played Lala did such a great job acting.

I watched the play three times and each time the play and actors did better.

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.