6 Highest-Paying, Least-Stressful Jobs

Posted -

Economist

Stress tolerance: 59

Average annual salary: $109,230

What they do: Study the production and distribution of resources, goods, and services

Education requirements: Bachelor's degree

Astronomer

Stress tolerance: 62

Average annual salary: $110,220

What they do: Observe, research, and analyze astronomical phenomena to increase basic knowledge, or apply such information to practical problems

Education requirements: PhD for most research jobs

Mathematician

Stress tolerance: 57

Average annual salary: $112,560

What they do: Conduct research in fundamental mathematics or in application of mathematical techniques to science, management, and other fields; solve problems in various fields using mathematical methods

Education requirements: Bachelor's or master's degree for those who want to work in government, and a doctorate may be required to work for private companies

Physicist

Stress tolerance: 61

Average annual salary: $118,500

What they do: Conduct research into physical phenomena, develop theories on the basis of observation and experiments, and devise methods to apply physical laws and theories

Orthodontist

Stress tolerance: 67

Average annual salary: $221,390

What they do: Examine, diagnose, and treat dental misalignments and oral cavity anomalies; design appliances to realign teeth and jaws

Education requirements: Bachelor's degree, four-year dental school, and two to three years of residency training

Law Teacher

Stress tolerance: 63

Average annual salary: $126,230

What they do: Teach courses in law

Education requirements: Bachelor's and law degrees

About The Author

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login