6 Highest-Paying, Least-Stressful Jobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Economist

Stress tolerance: 59

Average annual salary: $109,230

What they do: Study the production and distribution of resources, goods, and services

Education requirements: Bachelor’s degree

Astronomer

Stress tolerance: 62

Average annual salary: $110,220

What they do: Observe, research, and analyze astronomical phenomena to increase basic knowledge, or apply such information to practical problems

Education requirements: PhD for most research jobs

Mathematician

Stress tolerance: 57

Average annual salary: $112,560

What they do: Conduct research in fundamental mathematics or in application of mathematical techniques to science, management, and other fields; solve problems in various fields using mathematical methods

Education requirements: Bachelor’s or master’s degree for those who want to work in government, and a doctorate may be required to work for private companies

Physicist

Stress tolerance: 61

Average annual salary: $118,500

What they do: Conduct research into physical phenomena, develop theories on the basis of observation and experiments, and devise methods to apply physical laws and theories

Orthodontist

Stress tolerance: 67

Average annual salary: $221,390

What they do: Examine, diagnose, and treat dental misalignments and oral cavity anomalies; design appliances to realign teeth and jaws

Education requirements: Bachelor’s degree, four-year dental school, and two to three years of residency training

Law Teacher

Stress tolerance: 63

Average annual salary: $126,230

What they do: Teach courses in law

Education requirements: Bachelor’s and law degrees

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.