kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Summer-Ready Butt Workouts That Really Work

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Summer is basically already here, but its never to late to work on your best asset: that booty! Here are 5 exercises that will help you get right for the summertime. 

1. Single-Leg Glute Bridge

How to do it: Lie on your back with your knees bent and soles of your feet on the floor. Extend one leg. Push your hips up toward the ceiling as high as you can.

2. Explosive Lunges

How to do it: Lunge forward with your right leg. Jump up, switch legs in midair, and land with your left leg in a forward lunge.

3. Clamshell

How to do it: Lie on your left side on the floor, with your hips and knees bent 45 degrees. Your right leg should be on top of your left leg, your heels together. 

4. Curtsy Lunges

How to do it: Stand with your feet hips-width apart and your hands pressed together at chest level. Keeping your hips square, step your left leg diagonally behind you and bend both knees to a 90-degree angle, keeping the knees behind the toes. 

5. Single Leg Dead Lift

How to do it: Stand on your right foot with your left leg bent in front of you, knee at hip height. Engage your glutes as you slowly fold forward, reaching both hands towards the ground as you extend the left leg straight out behind you. 

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.