danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Jobs You Can’t Get A Degree In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

You know when you’re a little girl, and people tell you that when you grow up you can be anything you want to be? You realize that your dream job may not be one that falls under the “anything category” especially if you’re me. I had plenty of options, and they were all shot down.

• A Cheetah Girl:

I was an excited little cheetah who aspired to get my degree in “Growl Power”. However, once I applied for college it was brought to my attention that I can’t actually make any of the “bling bling bling” Galleria was talking about in this particular career field. Also, there’s not a single college that offers a degree in Growl Power.

• A Mermaid:

My little heart was broken when my mama told me that swimming around all day in a cute little seashell bra wasn’t gonna pay the bills. Also, it wasn’t going to be any good for my hair, so there’s a few downsides to this.

• One of Charlie’s Angels:

Growing up I wanted to be one of Charlie’s Angels but apparently the only way to get the job is to be recruited. And since Charlie likes to keep a low profile, it’s almost impossible to find an internship. Even though the fighting bad guys thing is super cool, I just really wanted Independent Women to be the soundtrack of my life and play everywhere I go.

• Kim Possible

Speaking of crime fighters, Kim was probably one the coolest. Captain of the cheerleading team, amazing best friend, honor student and she still has the time management skills to fit in saving the world. Sure growing up you look at her resume and say sign me up, but once you graduate and realize that though she fights bad guys for a living, Kim’s still a high school student it’s more like “… OK, take my name off the list.”

• Princess

OK, they may not have this as a major, but I don’t really need a degree to prove I’ve been a professional for quite some time. I’m pretty good if I do say so myself.

If anyone can actually figure out how to get a well-paying career doing one of these jobs, set your girl up with an interview! I don’t have any past experience, but I’m a hard worker and I’m willing to learn. Plus I know all the words to all of the songs on the Cheetah Girls soundtrack, just saying.

DSU Student. Mass Communications Major. IG: j.hane.y Twitter: Jhaney__
Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.