20 Essential Basics You Need In Your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Yes, you need all 20.

Sometimes it’s hard to make an outfit, if you have the wrong pieces. Below are some simple essentials that can come together to create a plethora of fabulous outfits. You can mix and match and can’t go wrong with these need to have’s!

1. Crisp white v-neck, because you simply can’t go wrong!

2. Jean shirt, wear it on top, under, or around the waist

3. Cute pair of booties, because sometimes you’re not in the mood for riding boots

4. Little black dress, for that emergency last-minute party you were just invited to.

5. Oversized sweater, for those lazy days but sweats aren’t an option.

6. Leather moto jacket, so a heavy jacket doesn’t spoil your outfit.

7. Your favorite flannel, the easy cute outfit you can dress up or keep casual.

8. A sturdy pair of athletic tights, for those gym days or “late to class,” days.

9. Striped sweater, cause it’s always the right time according to SpongeBob SquarePants.

10. Chuck Taylors, a little beat up, it adds character.

11. Baseball cap, for those bad hair days.

12. School gear, sometimes you have to rep your set.

13. Black jeans, you don’t realize how much you were missing out until you get a pair.

14. Some, “I look like I’m going to be in a commercial for the gym,” shoes.

15. A jumbo scarf, for those days when your outfit needs a little something extra.

16. Go-to sweatshirt, for a throw-it-on-and-head-out-the-door day.

17. Boyfriend jeans, no boyfriend.

18. Comfortable go-to heels.

19. Simple black blazer.

20. Something, anything, olive green, the more the merrier.

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.