This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Keep reading: I am not talking about a special diet! (Though I do give some healthy eating tips.)
Let the bell toll for school’s final countdown. Little 5 and formals have come and gone, and you narrowly escaped with your dignity and few bruises. Then it’s zero to sixty. Your concluding week at DePauw is spent sitting in a sunken chair at Roy stressing over final exams, and consuming greasy “happy” meals (no pun intended). By the time school finally wraps up, the bubble has started to feel like a vacuum, sucking the spirit right out of you. Just like your highlighter, you’ve lost your sparkle. As you load up your car and hit the road, home becomes a welcomed retreat. Use this time wisely!

Go Green
Energy comes from within—we are what we eat. After indulging in Marvin’s and McDonald’s out of convenience and desperation, it’s time to earn your body’s forgiveness. At home, having no GCB’s to tempt you, it is much easier to buy and store food without the need to write your name on it. Use this accessibility to prepare healthy meals, and maybe even go organic. All food is not created equal: eating organic is the best way to avoid pesticides and chemicals. Get your sparkle back by eating more whole-grains, salmon, and olive oil, which are all proven to give you vibrant skin.

Use it or Lose it
Put your pencil down. Rather than analyzing a book, enjoy one. Resist the urge to zone out in front of the TV and you’ll avoid that same lethargic feeling you get when you’re hung-over or camped out in Julian. Instead, read outside and soak up the sun (wearing sunscreen, of course!). You’ll not only return to DePauw with a great suntan, but also a primed mind ready for uncommon success.

Spring…I mean Summer Cleaning
I know you’re probably sick of packing by now, but keep your momentum going strong and clean out your bedroom closet. If you’ve repeatedly left behind the same shirt en route to school, or that pair of jeans has started to collect dust in your bottom drawer, it’s time to say goodbye. Donate any clothes you haven’t worn in the past year. Your style is always evolving, and you won’t miss them anyway. Karma will reward your altruism: space to spare equals a shopping spree, right Daddy?

Red Solo Cup, I Fill You Up
The limbic system in your brain is responsible for your emotions, primarily the amygdala, a structure that evaluates situations as good or bad, safe or threatening, and helps form memories (Yes, I just finished studying for my psychology final). You can build up your brain’s ability to be optimistic just as you would strengthen your biceps—by repeatedly doing mind curls! That is, deliberately seeking out and focusing on happy moments. Keep your glass half-full and reap the benefits: you’ll have an easier time handling stressful situations and be less susceptible to getting sick.

Arguably the easiest detox plan ever (you’re welcome!), follow these four steps and you’ll return to the bubble with that oomph back in your step, ready to take on Camp College!

Mckenzie Curran is a Sociology and Communication major at DePauw University. Mckenzie is new to the HerCampus Team, and looks forward to planning HerCampus events in the upcoming school year in order to spread awareness of the site. Mckenzie spends her free time going to campus events, baking, and hanging out with her Kappa Alpha Theta sisters.