Why the Early 2000’s should Never Make a Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

The greatest thing about fashion is the fact that it is always changing. Each decade is so different from the previous one, even when the trends are only a year or two apart. That’s why it’s hard to believe that fashion in the early 2000’s even existed. The ’90s had so many great trends like the choker, the leather biker jacket and even scrunchies. But the only good thing that came from the looks of the 2000’s is a good laugh. Here are just a few reasons why the style of the 2000’s should stay in the past.

Chunky Highlights

I don’t know which hairdresser decided to put bleach blonde streaks through dark brown hair, but not even Kelly Clarkson could pull this look off.

Juicy Couture Velour Track Suit

Although Britney Spears was a style icon of the ’90s, she clearly couldn’t resist the classic Juicy track suit. Monochromatic velour jacket and pants? No thank you.

Wearing Skirts Over Jeans

Yes, the idea may have been creative in theory, but wearing a skirt over jeans isn’t flattering for anyone. Luckily, Ashley Tisdale was so cute it was easier to overlook that outfit all together.

Raised Platform Flip-Flops

Flip-flops shouldn’t be considered a fashion staple in the first place, and raising them doesn’t make them much cuter either. If you wanna be a few inches taller, try opting for a pair of wedges instead.

The Full Jean on Jean Ensemble

This outfit is the undoubtedly the most iconic look from the 2001 AMA’s, but I’m pretty sure nobody can pull off matching jean on jean ensembles like Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears anyways.

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.