What Your Phone Case Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

While your style may change depending on if you’re going out or just going to class, there is one accessory that is a constant staple; your cell phone!  What type of case you choose for your phone, or if you’re one of the brave souls who decides to go case-less, says a lot about your personality and helps you express your own personal style.  Read on to see what your choice in phone case says about you.

The practical case

Phone cases with a cardholder on the back show that you are well organized and really have your life together.  You never have to worry about trying to find your ID because you know it’s safe and sound with your cell phone, which you would NEVER forget.

The monogrammed case

Phone cases with your initials on them show that you really want everyone to know that this is YOUR phone.  If you would happen to ever, heaven forbid, misplace your precious phone and someone were to find it, he or she would know immediately that it belongs to you because your own favorite letters (adorably arranged and looking pretty) are on the back! 

The funny case

Phone cases that are funny or just plain quirky show that you know how to have a good time and love to make sure that other people are having a good time too.

No case

If you are brave enough to not have a case on your phone then first, I applaud you, and second, you are clearly reckless enough that you shouldn’t be messed with.  You love to rebel and go against the grain, not to mention take risks that I would never have enough guts to do!

Feel free to think about these the next time you’re buying a new phone case, or deciding to throw away your phone cases all together!

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.