This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

If you’re at all like me, October crept up on you like a spider on its web, and you just realized you don’t have a Halloween costume yet! There may be ideas that you’ve been wanting to try for years and just haven’t, or perhaps you can’t decide if you want to be scary or sweet. Sound familiar? If so, this is the article for you; a comprehensive step-by-step guide to Halloween in college.

Step One: Flock or Fly Solo?
Procrastination is a standard issue in school so you may find that you are not the only one in your group of friends who hasn’t begun to think about October 31st. There are numerous group costume options from which to choose! Twins, triplets, quadruplets, (insert any number of identical people here) work for all kinds of themes such as elves, ghosts, or wizards and can be easily pulled off just by wearing the same clothing. Individuals in a group could all wear different costumes that fit into the same theme like different superheroes or playing cards. If everyone seems to be on top of their spooky schedule or if you want to be unique, pick a costume that can stand alone and that you feel comfortable wearing- a popular TV or movie character, for example!

Step Two: Watch Your Wallet
Once you have figured out what you want to be for Halloween, it’s time to figure out how to make it happen. The majority of costumes can be put together using clothes that you (or a giving friend) already own and just require some creative tweaking. How can you save cash and look fabulous? Look around for cheap alternatives before you hit the stores, being aware of what you are buying beforehand is proven to reduce buyer’s remorse. Another great way to get inspired for DIY Costumes is by checking out websites like Pinterest with advice and how-to tips from users all over the world.

Step Three: Flaunt Your Haunt
You didn’t do all this work for nothing, right? Get together with friends and go show off your costume at a Halloween party! Remember to take pictures and admire other people’s handiwork too. If you run into someone with the same costume- don’t pout, work it out! There is bound to be someone with the same idea as you, laugh it off and strike a pose together. Grab some candy and take note of Halloween costumes or ideas you may think would be fun for next year. Its spooky to think about how soon next Halloween will be back again!