mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things to Look Forward to this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
We couldn’t be more excited that school is OVER!!! The excitement to go home and have some free time is growing. Here’s our list of things to look forward to in summer:

Your Own Bed 

It’s always a good feeling to wake up in your comfy bed back home the first morning of summer break. Dorm room beds are only so comfortable, and a bed back home begins to feel extra luxurious.

Hometown Friends 

Going home and sharing college stories with your hometown friends is always lots of fun. It’s always nice to go home and be able to reunite with friends from high school. 

Favorite Foods 

A nice perk of being home is the home cooked meals. It’s nice to be able to eat your favorite meals again and go to your favorite restaurants. 

Pets

We miss them like crazy when we are at school. Getting that sloppy kiss from your dog when you first walk in the door is always a great feeling. It’s even nicer to have some free time to be able to play with your pets instead of studying. A furry friend is a great friend! 

Outdoor Concerts 

With the nice warm weather comes outdoor concerts. They’re a fun thing to be able to go to with friends and get to see your favorite bands. Outdoor concerts are great, just don’t forget the bug spray and sunscreen!