This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
One of the major patterns that has come back this year is stripes, specifically in black and white. This pattern has made a comeback in a major way!

One of the most interesting things about this pattern is that the stripes can come in many different variations and they can ultimately change the way your outfit looks. Do you prefer skinny stripes or thick ones? Black background or white? Vertical or horizontal? So many choices, it’s amazing! The colors black and white are so classic and sophisticated. Some people think that stripes are hard to pull off. WRONG! Stripes are the most basic and chic thing you can wear because they are so versatile. You can dress this pattern up or you can dress it down. This year, we have seen striped T-shirts along with striped dresses, structured tops, and skirts! Stripes are so popular; we are even seeing them on the runways! 

There are so many different ways to experiment with stripes. If you are dressing down, pair a striped shirt with some killer jeans to give off a cool vibe. You can also pair a striped shirt with a cute black pencil skirt if you are headed to the office. An appropriate striped dress would work too. If you are getting really fancy, pair a striped structured top with a cute pair of white palazzo pants for an elegant look. As for accessories, red lipstick and gold jewelry will compliment your stripes.

Hey guys! My name is Nina Moore and I am currently a sophomore at DePauw! I am studying biology and Spanish. I love writing about fashion because, as cliche as it is, it really is one of my passions! Hope you guys like my articles!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.