Spring Into Style on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Spring Into Style on Campus
Margaux Fleschler

It’s that time of year again, when the sun starts to break through the snow and daydreams about break are more than distracting. And who would have thought it’d come so early? To indulge your wandering thoughts of far away islands and warm breezes, here are some trends to snatch up just in time for spring!

Color.
Lots and lots of color! Spring has always been about shedding your winter coat, but this season kicks it into high gear. Get ready for vividly bright colors paired together. Color blocking has been all the rage lately, so collegiettes should expect to see shocking neon oranges and spectacular magentas side by side. Intense shades of blue and green are also big players in this season’s color palette.

So how do you pull off this look around campus? It’s all about balancing bold brights with subtle neutrals and muted pastels. Test out light wash, ankle length jeans with a flowy while top, or a neon pink blazer paired with a great pair of flats and a long necklace for class! Feeling extra daring? Rock a pink pencil skirt with a red or orange top and neutral accessories for a night out!

Lady- Like Looks.

Boxy jackets, pleated skirts, lacy dresses and cat- eye sunglasses are coming straight from Jackie- O’s closet onto this spring’s fashion radar. Dress these darling duds down with more laid-back pieces from your closet for class, and pair them together to be appropriate and fashion forward! Try a pleated skirt with a cute tank top, light sweater and flats for day, and swap the sweater for a proper jacket and flats for heels to transition into evening attire.

Put Your Best Foot Forward
To polish off your new wardrobe, invest in some great shoes to walk around campus in this spring! Spice up your step with colorful flats like Sperry Topsiders in turquoise and yellow hues, and get extra points for espadrilles in vibrant patterns.

Power through these next few weeks, ladies! Before long, spring and sun will be upon us and going to class can be just an excuse to show off your great new wardrobe!

Mckenzie Curran is a Sociology and Communication major at DePauw University. Mckenzie is new to the HerCampus Team, and looks forward to planning HerCampus events in the upcoming school year in order to spread awareness of the site. Mckenzie spends her free time going to campus events, baking, and hanging out with her Kappa Alpha Theta sisters.