Spring Outerwear Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

We all know how inconsistent Indiana weather can be; one day it’s sunny and warm and two days later it’s snowing. These rapid changes can even occur over the course of a day. I know I can’t be the only one who walks to class in the morning shivering, only to be sweating in the sun by lunch. I’ve finally found the solution just in time for spring: light jackets. Before you head to class throw on a lightweight jacket that can be easily taken off if you get too hot throughout the day. Pack up your winter coats and check out these outerwear staples for spring!

Raincoats:

Spring is always a rainy season. Make sure to keep dry without getting too toasty in a trusty lightweight raincoat.

Leather Jackets:

A popular choice for frat party attire, a leather jacket is a cool, classic piece. You can’t go wrong with black, but leather comes in many different shades as well!

Blazers:

Many girls have to dress up at some point either for athletics, formal chapter, or even a presentation. Make sure your outerwear adds to your fancy look instead of looking too casual. On days where you need to look nice, opt for a bright blazer instead of your usual Northface!

Jean Jackets:

Available in an array of different washes, a jean jacket can go with almost anything! Plus, they never go out of style!

Utility Jackets:

It is a common sight to see women around campus wearing these (usually) olive green jackets over their outfits. Pair your utility jacket with a scarf and t-shirt for a laid back look!

Bombers:

Bomber style jackets come in every color and every fabric under the sun. Try a bright nylon bomber for a sporty look, or a cool metallic version for a night out!

Depauw '17 I'm from Dublin, Oh and I write for the style blog :)
Rose Overbey

DePauw '20