Six Items I Always Have In My Backpack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

When I go to class there are always certain things I never forget to pack. These must haves can help you make it through the day and stay looking fabulous while you drag your sleep-deprived butt to class!1. Carmex lip balm

Best product ever for dry irritated lips that need a little more than just some waxy lip balm. I always carry it, especially in the winter!2. Camelbak water bottle

It’s so important for your skin and overall health to stay hydrated plus these water bottles are probably the best thing ever made.3. Granola bar

We all get cranky when we’re hungry so always remember to throw in an extra granola bar for when your stomach is growling in that afternoon class!4. Waterproof mascara

For when you get that test grade back and you tear up a little from pure joy or disappointment. It’s always good to carry mascara for a touch up!5. Dental floss

Personally I’m obsessed with floss because it gives me the feeling like I just went to the dentist! Floss is also good for an after lunch teeth cleaning when you get that piece of lettuce wedged between your teeth…uck!

6. Tampons

Last but not least tampons. No woman wants to get caught in an emergency and have to create the infamous toilet paper pad…so save yourself and potentially other women by keeping a few in your backpack! Seriously you could save a sisters day!!!

I grew up in Columbus, Ohio and have been doing dance, gymnastics, and cheerleading for as long as I can remember. I have been a lifeguard for six years. I am a member of the Alpha chapter of Alpha Chi Omega here at DePauw. I have cheered on the tigers for football and basketball seasons for the last three years. I am a Biology major and my dream job is to become a pediatric nurse. I will be going to nursing school after I graduate from DePauw. 
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.