Sephora Play Review: February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Within the past year, Sephora has released an exclusive beauty subscription box for just $10 per month. Each box includes five makeup/hair products, one fragrance sample, a book of beauty tips and a Sephora Play Pass. The Sephora Play Pass provides subscribers with a free pass to visit a Sephora location and receive a makeover and 50 extra Beauty Insider rewards points with an in-store purchase. Every box follows a different theme and all of the samples come in a unique drawstring bag. The only catch? There is a waiting list to subscribe, with new spots opening each month.

The theme for this February box is “the Soft Side,” which features rosy and nude natural products. Unlike some other subscription services, with Sephora Play all subscribers receive virtually the same samples each month, with some variations based on skin tone.

The samples for this month are:

Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence

This glamorous perfume with notes of Earl Grey tea, Champagne, and florals is a bit too flowery for my taste!

NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound

This rosy pink shade is perfect for everyday wear. This liquid lipstick which promises hours of color.

Too Faced Lip Injections Glossy in Milkshake

I am always on the hunt for new lip plumpers, and while I am not ecstatic about the shade, the plumping effect can’t be beat.

Sephora Lashcraft Length + Volume Mascara

This is a new Sephora brand product and I love the design.

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream

After using this product, I did not see a noticeable difference in my under eye circles, but I definitely felt more awake and it smells delicious.

Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

A new release from Clinique, this product pares down my morning routine by combining moisturizer with makeup primer.

As you can see, the Sephora Play box includes many big name brands and recently released products. Though I did not LOVE everything in this box, I will probably purchase NARS Velvet Lip Glide and Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer after my samples run out. The Sephora play box is definitely worth $10 and who knows, you may even discover a new favorite product. This box is a must try for Sephora addicts!

Depauw '17 I'm from Dublin, Oh and I write for the style blog :)
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.