Robert Rubio, ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
Our next campus profile is an individual who is committed to (almost) more than he can handle, but he somehow handles everything like it’s easy breezy. He’s someone you may have seen around campus, or he might even be your First-Year RA. Meet sophomore, Robert Rubio!

Robert is a Posse Scholar from Chicago, a Christian Interfaith councilman, a sophomore Co-Chairperson for Civic Fellows, a First-Year Resident Assistant and he also participates in community service around Greencastle. He says, “I enjoy interacting with different communities and trying to make a positive impact. Interacting with both DePauw and Greencastle has shown that I truly enjoy helping people and making others smile. I know it might sound cliché, but being able to make a positive difference in someone’s life or making a person smile when they are having a bad day fills my heart with joy.”

Sounds like he already has his plate full, but that’s not all he does. He’s part of College Mentors for Kids, Student Friend at Ridpath Elementary, Student Friend at Fillmore, a Get On Board Active Living (G.O.AL) facilitator at Ridpath, a co-coach for the Puntman County Youth Soccer Association and a Best Buddy. WHOA! He says, “Being a part of those programs has taught me the importance of leadership and role modeling in other’s lives. I know there is always a person that might need help, and my passion is to help them to the best of my abilities. The reason I am involved with the programs on campus is because I try my best to make an impact and do my little part of trying to make the world a better place.”

If you ever run into Robert, be sure to say hey! He’ll definitely put in the time to talk and get to know you even with his loaded schedule!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.