Reasons to be Excited for Spring Break Even if You’re Not Traveling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

1. Time to de-stress: We have been working hard and waiting for spring break ever since the first week of second semester. Our spring break is later than almost everyone we know, so after seeing tons of #springbreak2017 pics and going through midterms, we are definitely ready to clear our minds of everything and just relax.

2. Time to spend time with you family and friends: It’s always nice to reconnect with old friends from back home and spend time with family. Go shopping or go to brunch and enjoy being around people you really care about. 

3. Catch up on Sleep: I mean this is what everyone wants to do when they have a break from school. After countless sleepless nights of studying and writing papers you deserve to sleep all day if you want.

4. Binge Watch Netflix/Hulu: Finally! You have time to catch up on all the shows you have missed.

5. Save money: If you are not going on a trip with sandy beaches and warm weather, you will save money, which is nice. Live vicariously through your friends who are on trips and close your eyes and imagine you’re there, but save money at the same time!

My name is Taylor Ingram and I am a part of the Class of 2017 at DePauw University! I am from St. Louis, Missouri and I am majoring in Communication with a minor in Spanish. Writing has always been my passion and I love connecting with other people through it.
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.