This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Every collegiette knows that there are pretty much two kinds of days; the “comfy days” which often consist of a pair of leggings under your favorite spirit jersey or comfort colors sweatshirt and the “look nice” days that always end with us counting down the minutes until we can unbutton our jeans and put on a sports bra. 

As the semester gets rolling we all know those days are coming where you can barely find time to take a breath, eat a meal and much less take the time to trudge across campus to your room to remedy an outfit disaster.  We all need something that I call a “one outfit wonder,” an outfit that will last you all day and get you through everything from that 8 a.m. class to lunch meetings and even to evening social events. 

The key to a one-outfit wonder is choosing pieces that are comfortable but also stylish and appropriate for wherever your day brings you.  Read on for the staples to my one outfit wonder and then create your own!

A good pair of jeans: A solid go-to pair of jeans is an essential for me.  Finding a pair of blues that love you as much as you love them can sometimes be difficult.  It is important to pay attention to the fabric and the wash.  I always look for something that has a little stretch in the fabric, that way they are less likely to fall off as the day progresses and they tend to be more comfortable.  As for the wash, lighter washes feel very different from darker washes.  Sometimes the lighting in the store makes the color look a little different than natural light does, make sure you pick a wash that feels good to you and suits your style.  My favorite all day denim is the Gap legging jean in a dark wash (can be found at Gap.com).  They go great with everything in my closet, slide easily into boots and are super comfortable!

Ankle boots: These booties are so in this winter and are awesome for an all day affair.  Suede or leather, find a pair with a short heel that will keep your feet happy all day long.  The little lift also packs the perfect amount of sass to conquer whatever the day throws at you. I am obsessed with this pair from Lucky Brand!

The perfect top: stick to something that is flowy, that way it is less likely to stretch in an unflattering way as your marathon of a day progresses.  Flowy tops are great for dressing both up and down.  A piece that works double duty is essential in college, especially when your closet is a little smaller than it was at home!  When selecting your top, I recommend something with color and a pattern if it suits your style.  This little exciting pop, will keep you loving your look all day long. 

Accessories: When dressing for all-day, keep accessories light and small.  Heavy jewelry and scarves can become an annoyance as the day goes on.  Although, it is helpful to have a statement necklace on hand to dress up your outfit before heading out for nightly social events!