Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Features

Boston Bomber is a First-Year

By Cady Gottlieb
May 2, 2013 - 8:08am

Last Monday, I walked into my room after my run and found half my Lucy friends sitting on my futon staring at the TV. Pure shock was all over our faces as we watched the medics rush to help those hurt by the detonation of the homemade bombs. As the story unfolded, the nation learned that the attackers were a pair of brothers, ages 26 and 19 who were immigrants from Russia. The older brother made trips back and forth from Russia and the United States and although Russia asked the United States to interrogate him, they found nothing of interest. READ MORE

Itching to Get Out

By Elizabeth Notestine
May 1, 2013 - 8:00am

I know you are all looking for a way to avoid studying for your finals… or working on the ridiculous amounts of work you have prior to your finals. Rather than wasting your time on Facebook or watching re-runs of Friends on your computer all day, get involved in something worthwhile on campus. Check out how people got involved this week, and don’t forget to head out to Up ‘til Dawn next Thursday!  READ MORE

I Invite You To Connect, LinkedIn

By Lizzie Hineman
April 29, 2013 - 8:08am

I want to preface this article by saying that I have no great experience in professional advising and development.  And while this is true, I still have had a least seven DePauw students approach me in the last month asking for advice and/or guidance, so I must be of some help, right? I’ve had many students ask me about social media, and I tell them that it’s imperative to establish a social online presence.  I know, I know, it sounds goofy now, but sooner or later you’ll see that it does means something.  READ MORE

Warm Weather Wear: Tips for Keeping Cool while Looking Hot

By Margaux Fleschler
April 24, 2013 - 8:08am

Have you been spending a few extra minutes staring at your closet trying to figure out what to wear lately? Blame the weather. Heat, wind, and rain are all factors to be considered when it comes to outfit picking- you don’t want to be uncomfortable all day! If you want your style to be weatherproof, here are some trustworthy tricks to dressing for any summer situation. The 80s and Beyond: We’re talking degrees, not decades. High temps can make you want to throw all modesty out the window but let’s be clear, wearing a bikini top under a tank top to class is only potentially appropriate if you’re walking into Scuba 101. For days that you would have to be paid to put pants on, here are some outfit alternatives:...

I Spy: DePauw Style

By Amelia Marvel
April 24, 2013 - 8:00am

Take a second to think back to your childhood. Remember how stress-free and fun it was? When the trickiest part of the day was playing puzzle games like “I Spy?” And, the best part of solving puzzles was that they were for pure enjoyment, not a determining factor of where you are going to work for the rest of your life. Well, my friends, it’s time for a photo blog that will not only be pleasing to the eye, but stimulating to the brain—just for fun. Sit back, take a break from the stressors of college, and enjoy. Can you spy the hidden objects among the trinkets found in a HerCampus girl’s bag? What about the hidden brands within an art sculpture on campus? I think you’re up for the challenge, so go get ‘em, Smarty-pants. ...

Little 5 Tradition Alive

By Amanda Repass
April 18, 2013 - 10:19am

DePauw's campus is lighting up with the excitement of Little 5 approaching. This week everyone around campus will be gearing up for the races and festivities to come! Students are preparing for the fun, but the riders are also so pumped for the race. The riders have put in tons of time and effort, but it all comes down to this week and weekend. It's time to get ready for all the Little 5 action! READ MORE

How to Avoid a Bummer Summer

By Grace Goodbarn
April 15, 2013 - 8:00am

It’s that time of year again, the weather is warm, and everyone on campus seems to be outside. Thoughts turn from spring break plans to summer activity ideas and like any sane college student you want to avoid being stuck at home doing nothing all summer. Sure you get all your meals for free and maybe if your lucky your laundry done for you but hanging around with your parents all summer just doesn’t seem ideal. Instead, here are some ideas for a better way to spend your summer. Get an Internship! READ MORE

The Final Stretch

By Erin Cathleen Mann
April 11, 2013 - 8:00am

READ MORE

The Look for Less

By Ellaree Marie Swim
April 9, 2013 - 9:14pm

Every girl on campus wants to have all eyes on her at spring formal. However, finding the perfect dress can be a bit of a challenge in Greencastle, Indiana. The problem is that there are no dress shops within an hour of campus, designer dresses are too expensive for a college budget, and you've probably already raided your friends’ closets and worn all of their dresses. The solutions are: Buying a cheap new dress online, restyling a dress you already own, or renting from Rent the Runway. Get the look for less online: READ MORE

Editors Take a Break

By Hailey Ware
April 9, 2013 - 8:08am

See what a few of our editors did to relax over their Spring Breaks! READ MORE