Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Features

Pseudo Events: If it's Not on Instagram, Did it Really Happen?

By Becca Wojno
March 17, 2014 - 2:40pm

Warning all DePauw collegiette women: a very real phenomenon occurring hundreds of times a day could potentially ruin your spring break. What is this threatening event I’m talking about? They’re called pseudo events, which are  “events staged primarily so that [they] can be reported to the media.” Still not sure what pseudo events are and how they relate to your spring break? Let me fill you in. READ MORE

Enough hiding; let’s show applicants what DePauw does to combat racism

By Lily Reed
March 14, 2014 - 4:48pm

I’d like to start with the positives. The amount of discourse sparked from recent articles in The DePauw is something to celebrate. Though we haven’t all agreed with our peer’s pieces, the effort to get involved and form an opinion is crucial, and our generation is constantly receiving flak for not doing it enough. READ MORE

Pinterest-y Presents for Your Little

By Katherine Martin
March 10, 2014 - 9:00am

After the stress of recruitment, a sorority’s new members can relax as they get showered with presents from active members.  It’s common in most sororities for a new member to be spoiled by a big or mom with Pinterest-y presents and passed down greek apparel.  If you're a big who needs a little inspiration, check out cheap and cute present ideas that won’t break the bank. READ MORE

Don't Miss Out!

By Lexy Burton
March 10, 2014 - 8:50am

It is crazy to think about how this academic school year is coming to an end. Winter is coming to a close with warm weather approaching and Spring Break just shy of two weeks. Am I the only one that is worried about missing out on everything DePauw has to offer outside of academics? If you have this thought and want to get involved in the DePauw community, don't fret. Here are some awesome philanthropy events and school activities to look forward to attending this spring! I highly recommend checking them out. READ MORE

Countdown Until Spring: Ways to Make the Warm Weather Come Faster

By Kristin Martin
March 3, 2014 - 6:00pm

Counting down the days until the official beginning of spring? Here are a few tips to get through the last dreadful days of winter and make March 20th come a little faster.  READ MORE

Re-energize your Room

By sarahburtenshaw2016
February 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Got those almost-midterm blues? Tired of the same old room decorations you've been staring at for months? Why not dress up your walls with some new things to look at? There are affordable, fun ways to freshen up the place, and what better way to put off thinking about those impending midterms just a little longer! We've got another cold week ahead of us, and changing up the room is a great way to stay occupied while cooped up inside. Here are just a few ideas to get you started on some creative new room decorations. READ MORE

Flower-in Season has Arrived!

By sarahburtenshaw2016
February 17, 2014 - 9:00am

In the weeks following recruitment, DePauw Greek life participates in a beloved tradition unique to DePauw: flower-ins. In order to promote unity and welcome the new members of the Greek community, each fraternity will visit all six Panhellenic sororities for a flower-in. At these events, the new fraternity members honor the women with a serenade. The active members then present the new members of their houses one by one, the men giving the women a flower, a hug, and maybe even a kiss. The active members of each house stand by and cheer on the flower-ins in what always ends up being a fun and exciting way to embrace the new additions to Greek life.  READ MORE

Welcome to the Space Jam

By Colleen Whiting
February 17, 2014 - 9:00am

With the season of shorts, dresses and bathing suits coming up- Lilly has been especially crowded these days. We all know that the music you listen to when exercising has the power to increase the productivity of your workout, making those workout playlists super important. So, I have searched for the very best workout jams to make that time spent working out at the Lilly Pad fly by and make that workout count. READ MORE

Growing Up? How do I do that??

By Erin Cathleen Mann
February 10, 2014 - 2:57pm

According to almost everyone I talk to, at the young age of 20, I’m supposed to be preparing to enter the real world. Resumes, internships, and my not yet created, but desperately needed LinkedIn account have been consuming my thoughts for the past month.  In a perfect world, my resume would be stellar and well composed, I’d have a summer internship already lined up, and my LinkedIn account would be set up and utilized by possible future employers. But let’s face it, I’m a twenty year old, second semester sophomore, cringing at the idea of growing up, and every day I’m faced with a thousand more things I need to do. But with the guidance of a lot of good people, I’m slowly dealing with all of this…and here’s how. I’ve gotten organized (for the most part...

5 Under $25

By ryanklein2016
December 16, 2013 - 9:00am

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Personally, I love spreading joy by finding the perfect gift for friends or family. If you just have a few things left on your holiday shopping list all of these are perfect mini gifts for her. I have picked accessories that girls just can’t get enough of. Many of my choices have a cute twist that adds a little extra sentimental value.  Often the hardest gifts are ones for acquaintances but you cant go wrong with any of these choices for a college girl on the go.  READ MORE