Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Features

Countdown Until Spring: Ways to Make the Warm Weather Come Faster

By Kristin Martin
March 3, 2014 - 6:00pm

Counting down the days until the official beginning of spring? Here are a few tips to get through the last dreadful days of winter and make March 20th come a little faster.  READ MORE

Re-energize your Room

By sarahburtenshaw2016
February 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Got those almost-midterm blues? Tired of the same old room decorations you've been staring at for months? Why not dress up your walls with some new things to look at? There are affordable, fun ways to freshen up the place, and what better way to put off thinking about those impending midterms just a little longer! We've got another cold week ahead of us, and changing up the room is a great way to stay occupied while cooped up inside. Here are just a few ideas to get you started on some creative new room decorations. READ MORE

Flower-in Season has Arrived!

By sarahburtenshaw2016
February 17, 2014 - 9:00am

In the weeks following recruitment, DePauw Greek life participates in a beloved tradition unique to DePauw: flower-ins. In order to promote unity and welcome the new members of the Greek community, each fraternity will visit all six Panhellenic sororities for a flower-in. At these events, the new fraternity members honor the women with a serenade. The active members then present the new members of their houses one by one, the men giving the women a flower, a hug, and maybe even a kiss. The active members of each house stand by and cheer on the flower-ins in what always ends up being a fun and exciting way to embrace the new additions to Greek life.  READ MORE

Welcome to the Space Jam

By Colleen Whiting
February 17, 2014 - 9:00am

With the season of shorts, dresses and bathing suits coming up- Lilly has been especially crowded these days. We all know that the music you listen to when exercising has the power to increase the productivity of your workout, making those workout playlists super important. So, I have searched for the very best workout jams to make that time spent working out at the Lilly Pad fly by and make that workout count. READ MORE

Growing Up? How do I do that??

By Erin Cathleen Mann
February 10, 2014 - 2:57pm

According to almost everyone I talk to, at the young age of 20, I’m supposed to be preparing to enter the real world. Resumes, internships, and my not yet created, but desperately needed LinkedIn account have been consuming my thoughts for the past month.  In a perfect world, my resume would be stellar and well composed, I’d have a summer internship already lined up, and my LinkedIn account would be set up and utilized by possible future employers. But let’s face it, I’m a twenty year old, second semester sophomore, cringing at the idea of growing up, and every day I’m faced with a thousand more things I need to do. But with the guidance of a lot of good people, I’m slowly dealing with all of this…and here’s how. I’ve gotten organized (for the most part...

5 Under $25

By ryanklein2016
December 16, 2013 - 9:00am

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Personally, I love spreading joy by finding the perfect gift for friends or family. If you just have a few things left on your holiday shopping list all of these are perfect mini gifts for her. I have picked accessories that girls just can’t get enough of. Many of my choices have a cute twist that adds a little extra sentimental value.  Often the hardest gifts are ones for acquaintances but you cant go wrong with any of these choices for a college girl on the go.  READ MORE

Holi-DAZE

By Colleen Whiting
December 13, 2013 - 9:00am

Winter Break is coming up (thank goodness!) meaning that soon we will all be at home with our families or friends. This anticipated break includes holidays, such as Christmas or Kwanza. Holidays usually mean the giving of gifts to loved ones- something that I adore. But giving meaningful gifts is hard on a college budget. In fact, dropping lots of money on gifts can put one in a “daze.” So here are some college budget friendly gifts if you are scrambling this holiday season! 1.     Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with String READ MORE

Five Must Have Items for an Alarm Clock Emergency

By magdalenapopek2017
December 12, 2013 - 9:00am

Sometimes that snooze button is just too easy to tap. So when you're running late, have these items handy! READ MORE

Get in the Spirit

By Katherine Martin
December 10, 2013 - 8:47pm

Now that snow is covering campus it truly feels like the holiday season! With winter break just around the corner, there’s nothing like holiday music to get you in the mood to celebrate. Don’t know what to listen to? Not a problem. Here are some holiday favorites recommended by other girls at DePauw! READ MORE

Take a Movie Break

By Kristin Martin
November 25, 2013 - 10:17am

Thank goodness for the weekend! There’s is nothing better to do after a long week of classes to relax than getting a group of your girlfriends together for a movie night. Here’s a list of suggestions that are sure to make you forget about your worries and bond with your closes friends.  READ MORE