Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw News

Celebrating Spring at Bowman Park

By Emily Scinta
April 14, 2014 - 9:00am

Fingers crossed that the warm weather we have been experiencing is here to stay. It’s time to get outside and get involved with all of the outdoor Spring activities DePauw has to share! READ MORE

Bring Spring Break Back to DePauw

By alisonbaker2017
April 7, 2014 - 4:23pm

Reality has surely set in this week as we have all flocked back to campus from the warm and exotic locations many of us visited over break.  So while we’re all trying to readjust to campus life, there’s no reason we can’t bring a few little pieces of spring break back to school.  These small things are easily accessible to give us a little break from the hustle and bustle of our busy schedules! READ MORE

Keep Calm and get your Spring Break Body On

By Erin Cathleen Mann
March 18, 2014 - 9:00am

By: Nicole Taveras Spring break is days away, the weather is getting warmer and your days are getting longer. Your mind is ready to soak up the sun, but is your bikini body ready? Walking to Lilly in negative degree weather was just not an option, but ladies you no longer have that as an excuse. Lose your winter weight the right way, and feel comfortable in your bikini this spring break! Get inspired Sure the girls in the new Victoria Secret’s swimsuit catalog seem genetically freaky and are probably photoshopped to appear perfect, but looking at a good cover model can be great motivation. Find a workout partner READ MORE

Construction: Before and After at DePauw

By ryanklein2016
March 17, 2014 - 3:00pm

It’s hard to believe that DePauw ever looked any different than it does now, but at one point, the only building that made up our campus was East College. Current DePauw students are witnessing even further transformation of our campus happening today. Construction is nothing new for current DePauw students, sophomore Marek Burchett says “It has been very cool to see projects come together and finish like Anderson street and North quad while we’ve been on campus.” DePauw is known for it gorgeous campus and all of these improvements are only improving this positive image.  READ MORE

Pseudo Events: If it's Not on Instagram, Did it Really Happen?

By Becca Wojno
March 17, 2014 - 2:40pm

Warning all DePauw collegiette women: a very real phenomenon occurring hundreds of times a day could potentially ruin your spring break. What is this threatening event I’m talking about? They’re called pseudo events, which are  “events staged primarily so that [they] can be reported to the media.” Still not sure what pseudo events are and how they relate to your spring break? Let me fill you in. READ MORE

Enough hiding; let’s show applicants what DePauw does to combat racism

By Lily Reed
March 14, 2014 - 4:48pm

I’d like to start with the positives. The amount of discourse sparked from recent articles in The DePauw is something to celebrate. Though we haven’t all agreed with our peer’s pieces, the effort to get involved and form an opinion is crucial, and our generation is constantly receiving flak for not doing it enough. READ MORE

Pinterest-y Presents for Your Little

By Katherine Martin
March 10, 2014 - 9:00am

After the stress of recruitment, a sorority’s new members can relax as they get showered with presents from active members.  It’s common in most sororities for a new member to be spoiled by a big or mom with Pinterest-y presents and passed down greek apparel.  If you're a big who needs a little inspiration, check out cheap and cute present ideas that won’t break the bank. READ MORE

Don't Miss Out!

By Lexy Burton
March 10, 2014 - 8:50am

It is crazy to think about how this academic school year is coming to an end. Winter is coming to a close with warm weather approaching and Spring Break just shy of two weeks. Am I the only one that is worried about missing out on everything DePauw has to offer outside of academics? If you have this thought and want to get involved in the DePauw community, don't fret. Here are some awesome philanthropy events and school activities to look forward to attending this spring! I highly recommend checking them out. READ MORE

Countdown Until Spring: Ways to Make the Warm Weather Come Faster

By Kristin Martin
March 3, 2014 - 6:00pm

Counting down the days until the official beginning of spring? Here are a few tips to get through the last dreadful days of winter and make March 20th come a little faster.  READ MORE

Re-energize your Room

By sarahburtenshaw2016
February 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Got those almost-midterm blues? Tired of the same old room decorations you've been staring at for months? Why not dress up your walls with some new things to look at? There are affordable, fun ways to freshen up the place, and what better way to put off thinking about those impending midterms just a little longer! We've got another cold week ahead of us, and changing up the room is a great way to stay occupied while cooped up inside. Here are just a few ideas to get you started on some creative new room decorations. READ MORE