Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Features

April Showers Bring May Flowers

By Elizabeth Morales
April 21, 2014 - 3:00pm

If the old saying is true, then DePauw’s campus should be covered in beautiful blooms next month!  April has brought some bad weather with rain nearly every day this year.  Here are some tips to get you through this gloomy weather and to start thinking about the sunny days to come. READ MORE

4 Sundays to Summer: How to Make the Most of Your Time at DePauw

By Margaux Fleschler
April 21, 2014 - 2:25pm

It’s post Spring Break, you feel refreshed (and maybe a little tanner) and it’s already time to dive back into schoolwork. Before you roll your eyes, remember that we, DePauw students, only have 5 weeks left at the ‘Castle before summer. Yes, that means the work is almost over but it also marks the end of another academic year and saying goodbye to your friends and sorority sisters for a little while. Have you accomplished everything that you wanted to this year? Are you trying to fit four weekends of formals, philanthropy events, mom’s weekends, and Little Five into your calendar? Here are some tips on how to do it all and keep your sanity. READ MORE

Celebrating Spring at Bowman Park

By Emily Scinta
April 14, 2014 - 9:00am

Fingers crossed that the warm weather we have been experiencing is here to stay. It’s time to get outside and get involved with all of the outdoor Spring activities DePauw has to share! READ MORE

Bring Spring Break Back to DePauw

By alisonbaker2017
April 7, 2014 - 4:23pm

Reality has surely set in this week as we have all flocked back to campus from the warm and exotic locations many of us visited over break.  So while we’re all trying to readjust to campus life, there’s no reason we can’t bring a few little pieces of spring break back to school.  These small things are easily accessible to give us a little break from the hustle and bustle of our busy schedules! READ MORE

Keep Calm and get your Spring Break Body On

By Erin Cathleen Mann
March 18, 2014 - 9:00am

By: Nicole Taveras Spring break is days away, the weather is getting warmer and your days are getting longer. Your mind is ready to soak up the sun, but is your bikini body ready? Walking to Lilly in negative degree weather was just not an option, but ladies you no longer have that as an excuse. Lose your winter weight the right way, and feel comfortable in your bikini this spring break! Get inspired Sure the girls in the new Victoria Secret’s swimsuit catalog seem genetically freaky and are probably photoshopped to appear perfect, but looking at a good cover model can be great motivation. Find a workout partner READ MORE

Construction: Before and After at DePauw

By ryanklein2016
March 17, 2014 - 3:00pm

It’s hard to believe that DePauw ever looked any different than it does now, but at one point, the only building that made up our campus was East College. Current DePauw students are witnessing even further transformation of our campus happening today. Construction is nothing new for current DePauw students, sophomore Marek Burchett says “It has been very cool to see projects come together and finish like Anderson street and North quad while we’ve been on campus.” DePauw is known for it gorgeous campus and all of these improvements are only improving this positive image.  READ MORE

Pseudo Events: If it's Not on Instagram, Did it Really Happen?

By Becca Wojno
March 17, 2014 - 2:40pm

Warning all DePauw collegiette women: a very real phenomenon occurring hundreds of times a day could potentially ruin your spring break. What is this threatening event I’m talking about? They’re called pseudo events, which are  “events staged primarily so that [they] can be reported to the media.” Still not sure what pseudo events are and how they relate to your spring break? Let me fill you in. READ MORE

Enough hiding; let’s show applicants what DePauw does to combat racism

By Lily Reed
March 14, 2014 - 4:48pm

I’d like to start with the positives. The amount of discourse sparked from recent articles in The DePauw is something to celebrate. Though we haven’t all agreed with our peer’s pieces, the effort to get involved and form an opinion is crucial, and our generation is constantly receiving flak for not doing it enough. READ MORE

Pinterest-y Presents for Your Little

By Katherine Martin
March 10, 2014 - 9:00am

After the stress of recruitment, a sorority’s new members can relax as they get showered with presents from active members.  It’s common in most sororities for a new member to be spoiled by a big or mom with Pinterest-y presents and passed down greek apparel.  If you're a big who needs a little inspiration, check out cheap and cute present ideas that won’t break the bank. READ MORE

Don't Miss Out!

By Lexy Burton
March 10, 2014 - 8:50am

It is crazy to think about how this academic school year is coming to an end. Winter is coming to a close with warm weather approaching and Spring Break just shy of two weeks. Am I the only one that is worried about missing out on everything DePauw has to offer outside of academics? If you have this thought and want to get involved in the DePauw community, don't fret. Here are some awesome philanthropy events and school activities to look forward to attending this spring! I highly recommend checking them out. READ MORE