Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Features

Thomas McEvily '18

By Grace Quinn
October 11, 2014 - 7:56pm

By Katie Tipsword This freshman campus cutie from Larchmont, New York is looking forward to a great year here at DePauw. He is part of the outdoors club, a musician, and was also nominated for Lord of Old Gold. DePauw Her Campus, meet Thomas McEvily! Her Campus: How is your freshman year going? Thomas McEvily: Freshman year has been great! It’s been really hard balancing social life, work, and sleep. Sleep has been taking a back seat because I really like to meet new people but I also want good grades. Caffeine has been really important lately. HC: So how does it feel to be a campus cutie? READ MORE

De-Stress With Yoga

By Grace Quinn
October 11, 2014 - 7:43pm

By Celeste Klinger READ MORE

Lights, Camera, GREEK WEEK

By Emily Scinta
October 11, 2014 - 7:17pm

This past week DePauw’s Greek councils joined together to show their Greek Pride by participating in a week full of fun activities. The Greek councils on campus consist of the Interfraternity Council, Panhellenic Council, National Pan-hellenic Council, and the Multicultural Greek Council. The week started with “Movie and Marvins” on Sunday night in the Theta Gardens, which is located in the courtyard of the Green Center of the Performing Arts (GCPA). Everyone was encouraged to bring a canned good item and an empty stomach. What could be better than watching 22 Jump Street while holding a GCB with your fellow Greek community? READ MORE

Greeks Give Back

By Marjorie Daily
October 5, 2014 - 8:01pm

TIGERSTOCK Alpha Phi and Sigma Chi paired up to host their annual Woodstock themed philanthropy event. This year the event included tie-dying Tigerstock tanks, a cookout, music, and a dunk tank.  TIGERSTOCK READ MORE

April Showers Bring May Flowers

By Elizabeth Morales
April 21, 2014 - 3:00pm

If the old saying is true, then DePauw’s campus should be covered in beautiful blooms next month!  April has brought some bad weather with rain nearly every day this year.  Here are some tips to get you through this gloomy weather and to start thinking about the sunny days to come. READ MORE

4 Sundays to Summer: How to Make the Most of Your Time at DePauw

By Margaux Fleschler
April 21, 2014 - 2:25pm

It’s post Spring Break, you feel refreshed (and maybe a little tanner) and it’s already time to dive back into schoolwork. Before you roll your eyes, remember that we, DePauw students, only have 5 weeks left at the ‘Castle before summer. Yes, that means the work is almost over but it also marks the end of another academic year and saying goodbye to your friends and sorority sisters for a little while. Have you accomplished everything that you wanted to this year? Are you trying to fit four weekends of formals, philanthropy events, mom’s weekends, and Little Five into your calendar? Here are some tips on how to do it all and keep your sanity. READ MORE

Celebrating Spring at Bowman Park

By Emily Scinta
April 14, 2014 - 9:00am

Fingers crossed that the warm weather we have been experiencing is here to stay. It’s time to get outside and get involved with all of the outdoor Spring activities DePauw has to share! READ MORE

Bring Spring Break Back to DePauw

By alisonbaker2017
April 7, 2014 - 4:23pm

Reality has surely set in this week as we have all flocked back to campus from the warm and exotic locations many of us visited over break.  So while we’re all trying to readjust to campus life, there’s no reason we can’t bring a few little pieces of spring break back to school.  These small things are easily accessible to give us a little break from the hustle and bustle of our busy schedules! READ MORE

Keep Calm and get your Spring Break Body On

By Erin Cathleen Mann
March 18, 2014 - 9:00am

By: Nicole Taveras Spring break is days away, the weather is getting warmer and your days are getting longer. Your mind is ready to soak up the sun, but is your bikini body ready? Walking to Lilly in negative degree weather was just not an option, but ladies you no longer have that as an excuse. Lose your winter weight the right way, and feel comfortable in your bikini this spring break! Get inspired Sure the girls in the new Victoria Secret’s swimsuit catalog seem genetically freaky and are probably photoshopped to appear perfect, but looking at a good cover model can be great motivation. Find a workout partner READ MORE

Construction: Before and After at DePauw

By ryanklein2016
March 17, 2014 - 3:00pm

It’s hard to believe that DePauw ever looked any different than it does now, but at one point, the only building that made up our campus was East College. Current DePauw students are witnessing even further transformation of our campus happening today. Construction is nothing new for current DePauw students, sophomore Marek Burchett says “It has been very cool to see projects come together and finish like Anderson street and North quad while we’ve been on campus.” DePauw is known for it gorgeous campus and all of these improvements are only improving this positive image.  READ MORE