Netflix Original Series to Binge Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

If you’re like me, you’ve binge watched your share of TV shows on Netflix. For college students especially, Netflix is a great place to watch your favorite TV series like Friends, One Tree Hill and Breaking Bad. However, Netflix is becoming increasingly popular for their original shows like Orange is The New Black and Making a Murderer. For all of the Netflix junkies, here are five Netflix original series that you can watch in your spare time.

1. Narcos

This intense drama is about Pablo Escobar, the Colombian drug lord who controlled the Medellin Cartel. This show is told from the perspective of DEA agent Steve Murphy and details his ambitious pursuit of Escobar. Narcos is addictive and will leave you wanting more after every episode. Seasons one and two are now available on Netflix.

1. Stranger Things

I haven’t seen this show, but everyone I know who watches it is obsessed with it! Stranger Things is a supernatural horror science-fiction show that is centered around a boy who has disappeared from his home; his family and friends frantically search to find him. Season one is now available on Netflix.

1. The Get Down

This 1970s musical drama is set in the South Bronx and depicts how hip-hop, punk and disco were born in New York. This show is sure to have you dancing in your seat (and even stars Jaden Smith!). Part one is now available on Netflix.

1. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This hilarious series is about Kimmy Schmidt, a recently released cult member who is trying to adjust to life in New York. This series stars Ellie Kemper and was created by Tina Fey, so you’re sure to be laughing the entire time. Season one and two are now on Netflix.

1. Chef’s Table

If you’re a foodie then I’m sure you’ll love Chef’s Table. Every episode, this documentary series focuses on a different world-renowned chef that takes us behind the scenes of his or her kitchen. Seasons one and two are now available on Netflix.

My name is Taylor Ingram and I am a part of the Class of 2017 at DePauw University! I am from St. Louis, Missouri and I am majoring in Communication with a minor in Spanish. Writing has always been my passion and I love connecting with other people through it.
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.