This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
Are you guys ready for our next campus profile? This time it’s the souls of Longden 2, a spirited group who is always ready for some new friends!

This is a floor of first-year students on campus that people tend to gravitate toward. With several athletes, it is composed of swimmers, soccer players, runners, football players, lax players and, most importantly, friendships. Longden 2 holds a perfect balance between males and females, academics and social life. One might say “RushL2.” This awesome floor in Longden is home for people from multiple countries and diverse backgrounds. Longden 2 has a history of being one of the best floors in the first-year dorms and upholds the reputation of being a place where people are not opposed to chilling real hard. Let’s check these great people out!

Abigail- quiet & outdoorsy

Adwoa- easy going & down to earth 

Alex- suave, suave & suave

Ali- loving, athletic & kind

April- introverted & smiley

Ashlyn- best ginger you ever did meet

Blake- running back on the football team

Brad- humble, tough & best laugh in the game

Brooke- sarcastic, artsy & analytical 

Charlie- make it nash”ty

Cole- calm, collected & hilarious

Dana- positive, talkative & free spirited

Drew M- an above average dad

Drew N- the best there is

Eli- caffeine dependent life-form

Gracie- a professional hip hop dancer who likes loofahs

Kayla- just keep swimming

Kevin- born at a very young age

Maddie- sarcastic bed-lover

Mary- impulsive & creative

Michael O- savage & reckless

Michael W- Swagner Wagner 

Mitch- outgoing & extroverted

Nora- dry humor but easy, breezy, beautiful

Oscar- one of the twenty first-year Bonner Scholars

Paige R- modest, kind & awesome

Paige B- here to serve for the cat overlord

Paul- run, eat, violin, sleep & repeat

Rachel- athletic, lovable & entertaining

Riley- driven, goofy & sociable

RJ- something something handsome

Robbie- aggressively fancy & stuff

Sam A- stupid, stupid & charming

Samantha- has cool jewelry

Sam R- kind & approachable 

Sarah- crafty, hungry & free spirited 

Spencer- world’s number one dad

Taylor D- a modern Cinderella

Taylor M- sarcastic but still compassionate

Vicki- a Boyz N Motion backup dancer & dangerously charming

Will- quiet, determined & hardworking

Winona- strong independent gal

Xiaoya- awesome

In addition to the first-year residents, Longden 2 is up and running because of the amazing Jake Bertucci and Zelianel Ferrer. They are always a stone throw away when a toilet over flows, or if you just need some moral support after a long weekend. One might say they are the best RAs. Hit them up for life support. 

On L2 you will find some of the finest humans doing scholarly things. Said things may include chilling hard with our pals, studying obnoxiously in the middle of the hallway, doing everything but homework in the study room and convincing prospective students to rush the one and only L2. That old wet Band-Aid that you’ll find in the shower will make you feel right at home. If that doesn’t sound appealing, then head down stairs to find someone playing the piano—you’ll feel like you’re at an old jazz concert. This place has everything (but a vacuum and quiet hours) that is considered a good time, holes in the wall and Mitch Narkoff. This is what all of L2 call our second home here at the one and only, DePauw University. 

If you find yourself wondering through South Quad, stop by Longden 2 for the best time of your life.
       Indiana born and raised. A caffeine-dependent life form. Chaco advocate. World traveler. Making history in the cat lady category. XOXO your future doctor.  
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.