ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Little Presents from a Not-so-Crafty Big

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Big/ Little Reveal is an exciting time when New Members are paired up with their so-called sorority fairy godmother. It also provides an opportunity for newly appointed Bigs to showcase their best crafting skills, but even the girls who aren’t blessed with the power of bedazzling can still get creative when it comes to gift giving! Here are some unique ideas for gifts that can be store bought or custom ordered:

1. Hair Bows: Perfect for Greek Week, football games, and philanthropy events, these preppy hair bows are a perfect, low-key way to match your little without going completely overboard! They can be ordered, here.

2. Family Tee Shirts–If you and your new little have a favorite TV show, musical group, this could serve as a great source of inspiration for gifts. Look for original coordinating shirts with a funny quote or inside jokes. You may want to consider getting shirts for the rest of your family as well! Check out this Tumblr for quote ideas if you decide to custom make a set for you and your big/little!

3. Scarves–Consider gifting a scarf in your chapter’s signature colors or embroidered with your sonority’s symbol! You could even have it monogrammed with your Greek letters or your little’s initials! Check out Etsy for some really great ones to choose from!

4. Jewelry–Many chapters give each new member a lavaliere, and while it’s always nice to show off our letters why not show off your newly formed bond with your little as well?Big/Little jewelry is the college version of a BFF necklace! Custom jewelry complete with your little’s initials or monogram is even more special! Check out Etsy for tons of unique options!

5. Socks–Socks are not commonly given as a Little gift, but why not? For a sporty sister, embroidered athletic socks could be just right! Bonus points for using custom socks to pull off the perfect “Sock Reveal”. So many design options are available, here. 

Happy hunting, sorority girls!

Depauw '17 I'm from Dublin, Oh and I write for the style blog :)