Julia Roell ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Meet Julia Roell, this week’s Campus Cutie! She is smart, fun, taking the DePauw community by storm….and taken! Her Campus sat down with her to get to know the bubbly junior a little more!

HC: Hey Julia! So first things first, where are you from?

JR: I am from Batesville, Indiana, less than an hour from Cincinnati.

HC: And what are you majoring in?

JR: Biochemistry and Biology.

HC: Wow, that is impressive! Do we have a future Dr. Roell?

JR: Oh, you know it! Already looking at med schools.

HC: So when you’re studying for those MCATS, what is your go-to Marvin’s’ order?

JR: 1/2 GCB and Cheese fries. Can’t go wrong.

HC: Well, we can’t argue with that! And, rumor has it, a lot of Marvin’s was eaten in the Panhellenic office during the hectic week of recruitment. Tell us a little about that experience on the Panhellenic Recruitment team as Director of Scholarship on exec.

JR: Recruitment is the most tiring, yet rewarding process that I’ve ever been apart of. It’s so cool to see the young ladies excitement when they open their bid cards. It makes every long night and every stressful moment completely worth it.

HC: Well, congrats on making recruitment such a smooth process for the PNMs (potential new members)! We hear you will be back again next year?

JR: Yes, I will! Starting in February I will be serving as Panhellenic President. I’m so excited and up for the challenge. I hope to work on building stronger relationships between all Greek chapters on campus.

HC: We look forward to seeing all that you will accomplish! So, what do you like to do when you’re not trying to make the Greek community at DePauw a better place?

JR: My favorite thing to do in my free time is watch “Criminal Minds”. Hands down it’s the best TV show. And don’t even get me started on Derek Morgan, played by the beautiful Shemar Moore. Yum yum yum.

HC: Definitely have to agree with that. So the best part of the Campus Cutie interviews: do you have a Derek Morgan of your own?

JR: Yes, I am taken by SAE president Joseph Haynes. You could say we’re a power couple, we like to call ourselves “Joelia”. But in reality, it’s awesome that I’ve finally found a guy who can keep up with me and supports me in all of my pursuits.

HC: That is great to hear! Greek presidential power couples are always fun. So, what is your ideal date with your boyfriend look like?

JR: My ideal date is cooking a delicious dinner with my boy and then cuddling up in front of a fire to watch a spectacular movie while eating extra buttered popcorn.

Well thank you Julia for letting us get to know you a little better. Next time you see the better half of “Joelia” around, make sure you say hey!