John Jessup ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

As finals week quickly approaches, what better way to take a study break and read about all the cuties here on campus!

With one of the best smiles and personalities here at DePauw, it is no wonder why John Jessup is this week’s Campus Cutie.  When I asked John what he is involved with here on campus, John stated that he does “just a few things.” However I think John and I have different definitions of “a few,” because John stays active with being a Media Fellow, co-chair of the student philanthropy council, alumni relations chair for his fraternity, Sigma Chi, and a student blogger for the university. Her Campus writer Marie Schlonegar sat down with this busy guy to get to know him a little bit!

Her Campus: Hey John! So, as the year 2014 comes to an end, I decided to focus the theme of this interview on a series of “lasts” because it will be the “last” time we are in the year 2014.  So to begin, what was the last piece of advice you received?

John Jessup: Oh boy! The one that sticks out most was given to me at a dinner party. There was a family friend and he said,  “If you ever start to doubt yourself doing something, don’t doubt yourself, just do it!” And it was one of the weirdest things because I hadn’t seen this guy in years and he just told me that. I was like, “Wow, that’s some pretty profound piece of advice!”

HC: Yeah that is some good advice! So what was the last thing you watched on TV?

JJ:  Well I made a huge mistake and I started this show a couple nights ago called, “Peaky Blinders.” It’s a Netflix series, and I’m only on Season 1 episode 3, so I have a long ways to go but I need to start studying for finals. 

HC: Speaking of finals, when you are studying, what’s one of the things you do to de-stress?

JJ: I listen to music, that’s my favorite thing to do. I usually choose relaxing music without lyrics. There’s this artist called Kygo whose music I really love for studying right now.

HC: Well when you aren’t studying and you decide to listen to music, what’s your go-to pump up song?

JJ: Are we talkin like a party song? Oh goodness, as of right now it’s “Kanye” by the Chainsmokers.

HC: Gotta love that song! Another “last” question: What was the last thing you lost?

JJ: Uh oh…Kevin Bugielski is gonna be mad at me. But last night, Kevin wasn’t in his room, and I needed a charger, so I took his phone charger… and now I can’t find it!

HC: Yikes! Does he know?

JJ: No he doesn’t, not yet. So, sorry Kevin!

HC: Hopefully you find it before this interview is posted! But as we end the year and semester, New Year’s Eve is always a big night to talk about. That being said, where will you be this New Year’s Eve, John?

JJ: I will actually be in New York! My sister goes to NYU, so I’ll be visiting her. She lives in Brooklyn, so I don’t know if we’ll be going to Times Square or not, but either way it’ll be fun!

HC: That sounds awesome! As we end our interview, I know a bunch of readers are wondering, any girl here at DePauw your crushin’ on nowadays?

JJ: Haha! Not as of now, no. But that can change, that can change.

Thank you John for allowing Her Campus to interview you! For all our lovely readers out there, there’s still time to make that first impression on John before the year comes to a close! And who knows, if you find yourself in Brooklyn over winter break, you’ll know someone who’s still looking for that New Year’s Eve kiss!