Jewelry- The Perfect Way to Dress Up Any Outfit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Jewelry will always be an essential for my everyday style. I love the simplicity of adding a pair of earrings or a watch and having an outfit completely change purpose. This saying jewelry can also just be a subtle accessory that is just worn when the mood is right. Jewelry is extreme versatile and can be worn at any occasion. This is why I believe jewelry is a perfect way to dress up any outfit. 

Jewelry, the best addition to every outfit. A big necklace can complete a plain shirt, while a statment set of earrings can also grab attention. Many people see jewelry as an accessory, when instead, it is a necessity. 

Rings can match any style of outfit. I wear my Kendra Scott emerald ring every day, and love to add more depending on the outfit. Rings are a very subtle look, but they show style. This saying a huge ring isn’t necessary, instead loading a ton of little rings on brings an outfit up to the next level. They are super simple to wear and can never ruin an outfit, only add to it. 

Bracelets are another addition to my daily outfits. Last year I accidently got a gold bracelet stuck on wrist and have not been able to take it off. Instead of trying to fight its way off, I decided to embrace it. I do this by piling on simple bangles onto one hand, then adding a watch to the other. Laying bracelets is an easy way to step up an outfit from basic, to adding your own unique style to an outfit. 

Hair pulled back with a statement pair of earrings is a look anyone can pull off. Having the hair out of the face makes it seem like you’re causal, but the earrings make the look formal. I am known for doing the high ponytail and big earring look way too much. I see the look as being super cute so I will continue the style.  Another wear to wear earrings is having your hair down, and having them occasionally in sight. This creates a way that people can see them, but they are not the center of attention. Earrings can go unnoticed if wanted, but why not add a little fun to an outfit?

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.