How to Match Boots with Boot Socks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
One of the greatest (or perhaps only) reasons we love the cold weather is all the comfy, warm clothes that are now acceptable to wear. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a nice pair of cozy socks on a frigid day? The only challenge is choosing which pair to wear. Always remember these tips when deciding on the perfect pair. 

1) Be mindful of height

The height of the sock should never totally outdo the height of the boot. Always keep it within a couple inches from where the boot ends. If your books are mid-calf throw on some mid-calf socks. 

2) Keep in tone

Always make sure the color of the boot and color of the sock compliment each other. If you’re wearing a warm-toned brown boot, try for a creamy-brown sock. If you’re rocking your favorite cool-toned black pair of wellies, try some cool grey chunky socks. 

3) Keep temperature in mind

As cute as those chunky wool socks look, they might be a little uncomfortably warm for a stroll around campus just as the leaves are starting to fall or sitting in a heated classroom. 

You’re all set. Now rock your socks (and boots) all season long!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.