This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
This week’s Campus Celebrity is a blast from Her Campus DePauw’s past! Grace Quinn is a senior and past editor for Her Campus. She is seriously amazing, and has accomplished quite a bit in her years here. Along with being editor of Her Campus, Grace was a first-year student mentor, on the executive board and the past president of Alpha Phi sorority, and was a sophomore class senator. This English writing major and media studies minor has been able to juggle her extra curriculars, do well in school, and have an infectious personality! 

Her Campus: Hi, Grace! Thank you so much for talking to us today!

Campus Celebrity: No thank you! So crazy being interviewed for this. 

HC: First things first, what made you choose DePauw?

CC: Honestly, I was about to accept my admission to Fairfield University in Connecticut, but my mom really wanted me to come visit DePauw. I did and immediately fell in love with this place. The rest is history.  

HC: That’s great! How did you become involved in mentoring and what was your experience like?

CC: When I was a freshman, I was just so intrigued by the mentor program and really wanted to be a part of it. It’s such a unique program and very well run, and I loved the two years I spent as a mentor. You really grow a lot as a person in that type of leadership position. It’s so challenging at times, but also very rewarding. I’m still very close with a lot of my mentees, even the ones from a couple years ago. 

HC: We’re sure you helped quite a few people. We also know that you’ve been very involved in Greek life at DePauw. How has that shaped your experience?

CC: You know it’s so crazy to look back on my freshman self as a senior and recognize how I had no clue what I was doing. I didn’t truly understand Greek life until I was actually a part of it, but joining Alpha Phi was easily one of the best decisions I’ve made in my collegiate career. That’s not something I realized either until I was a junior. This amazing group of women has so profoundly impacted me. It extends far beyond the social events and wonderful opportunities I’ve had in chapter leadership. Don’t get me wrong, those parts have been so awesome, but to me Alpha Phi has been about love, support, and a sisterhood that is often times difficult to put into words. DePauw and Alpha Phi have become so intricately and beautifully intertwined throughout my past 3 years, and I wouldn’t trade that for anything. 

HC: That’s amazing to hear! It looks like that was a great fit for you. So what were your jobs in Her Campus?

CC: At first, I was a writer for the Campus Cutie section. Actually, I think Her Campus really was the first thing I got involved in at DePauw as a freshman. But then I went on to be an editor for that section and later for the Style Blog as well. At the start of my junior year, I was the Campus Correspondent, but it was a lot to take on with my chapter leadership position. That lasted for a solid two months when I realized I just couldn’t give HC the time and effort it really needed to take off and grow here. I handed the reins over to the lovely Erin Mann, who has done a fantastic job with HC. It’s been really fun to see how she has developed this publication and how the readership has skyrocketed. 

HC: It’s so great that Her Campus influenced you in a positive way, we’re glad! As that time quickly approaches for you, what are your plans after graduation?

CC: That’s currently a work in progress… 

HC: Ha-ha, well there is nothing wrong with that! Lastly, if you could describe DePauw in one word, what would it be and why?

CC: A gift. That’s what this place truly is at its core. Each exam and professor and challenge at DePauw is something that someone somewhere in this crazy world is wishing and praying for. I’m so thankful to be here every single day to learn and grow. I really wish I wasn’t a senior sometimes, because DePauw is just the most wonderful place, and I feel blessed to have called it my home. 

HC: And we are so glad it is your home! Thanks again for being so generous for this interview!
Freshman and DePauw University
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.