This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
Alright ladies, the heat is now turned on and it is time to bring out those gorgeous summer clothes. Shorts, crop tops, summer dresses and skirts are things that we usually care about in the summer. However, we don’t necessarily discuss our hairstyles for the summer. Hair is just as important as the clothes you wear in the summer. Here are a few great hairstyles that are perfect for the summer.

1) My Naturalistas, this hairstyle is perfect for the summer. This hairstyle keeps all of those gorgeous curls up and out of the way and the braid is the perfect addition to the puff. It is perfect for picnics on the beach or just a fun day with friends.

2) The braid crown is perfect for a summer date night or any formal event. It’s stylish and gives us the proper crown that we queens deserve. So pull out your best summer dresses or suits with this hairstyle. Any texture of hair can pull off this hairstyle.

3) Love, peace and flowers. Let your hair down this summer with a flower band to top it off. This hairstyle is great for summer concerts, BBQ’s and walks in the park. Shorts and your favorite T-shirt will go great with this hairstyle.

4) No one really wants to be bothered with their hair the entire summer, so braids are perfect. They last up to two months and the new growth is fabulous afterwards. It is a protective hairstyle that keeps your summer about you.

I attend DePauw University, class of 2017. I am carefree black girl who is not afraid to express her opinion. I love to travel and I hope to travel and learn about the world some day.
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.