The Four Best Things About Going to a Small Liberal Arts College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

There’s something about DePauw that always makes you feel like you are at home. Whether it’s the small community or the many smiling and familiar faces you pass on campus everyday, it’s hard not to immerse yourself and find comfort in the DePauw community. There are reasons why students value DePauw, but even more specifically why they value a small liberal arts college. Here are the four best reasons for attending a small liberal arts college!

1. The Students

Being on a small campus is great because you feel like you know everyone. When you are walking to classes you can always count on seeing a familiar and friendly face.

2. The Professors

A small campus means smaller class sizes, which means an opportunity for your professors to get to know you more personally. Professors on campus genuinely want to see you succeed. You are also more likely to see them casually walking around campus or at campus events, which creates opportunities for you to get to know them better.

3. School Spirit

While DePauw may not be a D1 university, we are serious when it comes to supporting our classmates. During the Monon Bell you can find everyone decked out in black and gold and braving the cold for our fellow tigers.

4. The Community

There is not a lot to do outside of campus, however that means that there is always something going on on campus. Whether it’s a career fair or Greek God and Goddess, you will never be bored. Additionally, neighborhood gems like Marvin’s and Dairy Castle hold a special place in your heart.

My name is Taylor Ingram and I am a part of the Class of 2017 at DePauw University! I am from St. Louis, Missouri and I am majoring in Communication with a minor in Spanish. Writing has always been my passion and I love connecting with other people through it.
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.