Five Ways to Live Life Through Rose-Colored Glasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Living life through rose-colored glasses, or remembering to see the good, can be hard sometimes. It is so easy to get caught up in the negatives, to stress over work or forget to stop and appreciate the little things. A little change in your perspective, can make a big difference!

1. Count your blessings. Start the day thinking about 3 things you are thankful for. It’s amazing what this can do to your attitude for the day.

2. Make time for reflection. Stop moving non-stop. Make time for yourself, think about what you are proud of, what you aren’t and what you want to change.

3. Let go. You don’t have control over everything, and that’s okay.

4. You’re not alone. So many people love you and would be there in a moments notice if you needed them. Remember that!

5. Stress is a decision. I know this is a hard concept to grasp… but it’s true!

Hi, my name is Bridget! I'm a Peace and Conflict Studies major with Philosophy and Asian Studies minors. I love writing about my friends, personal growth, social justice, and of course, all things Bachelor/Bachelorette!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.