Fall Break: Time to Amp-Up the Comfy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Empty house. No boys. Practice. Practice. Oh…. and practice. As Volleyball and Field Hockey finish up their seasons, Swimming and Basketball are just starting up over the never-ending, said to be relaxing, notorious Fall Break. Most students gather their strength in preparation for the week of midterms before heading home to Mama’s home cooked meals and their own cozy beds. Other students prepare for a slightly different break filled with games, practices, team bonding exercises, and our favorite activity: sleeping. Athletes know this last week has been filled with sweat, greasy hair, and no makeup, but at least we have sore muscles to show for it…right? Okay, so maybe we don’t have much to brag about, but we have mastered one skill this week, other than the perfect stroke or defensive stance: how to dress comfy and feel good about yourself at the same time.

Leggings: The perfect go-to. they’re an easy slip on instead of those baggy sweat pants. They thin out your legs and leave plenty of room for stretching your tight muscles.

A V-Neck: Almost all athletes would go for the baggy t-shirt, but girls actually want to feel good about them selves after a hard workout. So why not show a little collarbone?! With most of your body covered, eyes will go to the open skin. Seeing the collarbone thins out the rest of the body, leaving you looking great.

Zip up: Compared to a large hooded jacket, the zip forms better to your body, getting tighter at the hips and waste line. This also gives you the opportunity to show off that colorful V-Neck and collarbone. Why settle for looking large and comfy when you can show off that athletic, fit body?

Tennis Shoes: This might seem like a no, but after a long day of hard workouts, it’s nice to put on thick socks and secure tennis shoes for those sore feet. This completes your look of being comfy but cute at the same time!

Ladies, no matter if it’s two-a-days, or a long game, feeling good about yourself before and after is not something to let fall by the way side. Every girl wants to look her best, and it doesn’t always have to take a tight dress, high heels, or a pound of makeup to do so. “Beauty knows no pain” might be something to live by on the weekend, but when it comes to Fall Break, leave it to the athletes to show you how to be pretty, confident, and comfortable.

Grace is a Communications Major at DePauw University. She enjoys traveling, music, shopping, and being in the sun.