Don’t Let Rainy Days Hold Your Style Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Rainy days tend to mess up your entire outfit plan for the day. Now you have to rethink what you wear and the worst part is that your raincoat covers up your whole outfit. These dreary days, however, do not have to change your style anymore. A new raincoat trend is beginning to become more and more popular and can end up enhancing your outfit. The transparent raincoat is the new “IT” item for rainy days and completely takes your outfit to the next level. This jacket is completely see through so that your clothing isn’t covered up, like with a typical raincoat. This style instead ends up framing your outfit, making you stand out in the crowd. Imagine seeing your cute printed clothes under the clear cover of your jacket. This jacket can make your outfit completely pop instead of hiding it like the usual raincoats. There are different styles of the clear raincoats that range from short to long, and fitted to lose. The variety in styles allows this trend to be appealing to many and can be for any occasion. Some of these coats even have color piping on them, which gives them a fun twist. This pop of color will stand out in the cloudy weather too. So the next time you think that rainy days are ruining your style, look into getting a transparent raincoat to completely boost your style!