DePauw’s Notable Alumni

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

DePauw is an amazing school that produces some incredible people. Check out some DePauw alumni doing amazing things!

Angie Hicks ‘95, economics major:  Angie Hicks founded Angie’s List, a website used for local business reviews right after graduating DePauw. Now, over 70,000 subscribers can rate businesses in a report card style format. Fun fact: Hicks was a management fellow!

Elisa Villanueva Beard ‘98, sociology major: Elisa Villanueva Beard is the CEO of Teach for America. TFA is a two year corps program for recent college graduates and strives to create equal access to education. Fun fact: Beard was a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma!

Dan Quayle ‘69, political science major: Dan Quayle was America’s 44th Vice President servicing under the term of George H. W. Bush. Fun fact: Quayle was captain of the men’s golf team!

Brad Stevens ‘99, economics major: Brad Stevens is the head coach for the Boston Celtics. Before that, he was also head coach for the Butler Bulldogs. Fun fact: Stevens played basketball for the Tigers all four years he was here. He was also a management fellow!

Barbara Kingsolver ‘77, biology major: Barbara Kingsolver is a novelist, essayist, and poet. She published her first novel, The Bean Trees, in 1998. Her novel, The Poisonwood Bible, was named to New York Times Top 10 Books of the Year in 1998. Fun fact: Kingsolver only took one creative writing course during her time a DePauw.

Hi, my name is Bridget! I'm a Peace and Conflict Studies major with Philosophy and Asian Studies minors. I love writing about my friends, personal growth, social justice, and of course, all things Bachelor/Bachelorette!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.