neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Debbie DePauw: Little 5

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Dear Debbie,

I’m a freshman here at DePauw and Little 5 is coming up. There’s a lot of hype about it but I’m a little nervous. I want to make the most out of Little 5 week, besides just partying. What advice do you have to make that happen?

Sincerely,

Little Nervous

Dear Little Nervous,

I have to say spring is my favorite semester here. That’s when the campus really comes alive and especially for Little 5 week. There’s so much more to it than just the parties and the Saturday race so I’m so glad you asked! My first tip – make sure you’re ahead on your work that way you aren’t worried about doing it over the weekend and can really have some fun! The week leading up to the race there are events every day that you and friends can participate in – one is a 5k that I highly recommend. The events will most likely be in the newspaper and an email so keep your eye out for those! The fraternities will each be making tank tops for the race, and it is always fun to order one and match on the big day. Bonus: they’re usually a decent price so don’t worry about breaking the bank. My last piece of advice – it’s a marathon not a race. Enjoy the good weather, your friends company and the blow up houses the fraternities will have.

Best,

Debbie DePauw

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.