Clayre Sorenson ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Clayre Sorenson has such a fun-loving bubbly personality and when paired with her pearly white smile and gorgeous blonde hair, she can’t be beat.

HerCampus: So Clayre, how about we start off with a little bit about yourself?

Clayre Sorenson: I’m Clayre Sorenson. I’m a freshman from Evansville, Indiana. I’m the youngest in my family and I love every bit of it. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies and am overly obsessed with them. I’m a cheerleader at DePauw and love to shop and hang out with my friends and family.

HC: So, what made you chose DePauw?

CS: My sister graduated from DePauw in 2008, so I’ve made many visits to the campus before. I really love the atmosphere of a smaller campus. I’m not sure what I want my major to be, so a liberal arts degree is a perfect fit! DePauw is 3 hours from my hometown too, which makes it not too far, but far enough from home.

HC: Well we’re glad you’re here. What are you involved in at DePauw so far?

CS: Me too! Well I’m a cheerleader and am also involved in the Big Brother Big Sister program. I absolutely love it!

HC: That’ll definitely keep you busy. So what do you generally look for in a guy?

CS: I love someone that is very family orientated with a great personality. Someone who’s also athletic and intelligent, that never hurts. I love to laugh, so a good sense of humor is really important! I’m always looking for someone that I can joke around with and have a good time, no matter where we are.

HC: What’s your biggest turnoff in a guy?

CS: Cockiness for sure…

HC: Agreed. What is your ideal date?

CS: I don’t necessarily have an ideal date and it wouldn’t have to be anything fancy either to be able to have a good time so movie nights are always great!

HC: Do you remember the worst date you’ve ever been on?

CS: My date took me to the zoo and it down poured on us the entire time. We went out to eat afterwards, and I spilled my soup all down the front of my shirt. So embarrassing…

HC: Oh gosh that’s never good! Who’s the first person you met on campus?

CS: Kristin Burgess, my wonderful new best friend!

HC: Awh that’s so nice it worked out like that! What is your favorite place you have traveled to and where do you hope to go?

CS: My favorite trips have been to Hawaii, London, and Italy! The next places on my travel list are Australia, Spain, and Paris definitely.

HC: Well you definitely can’t go wrong with any of those options! What are your Fall Break plans?

CS: I have plans to go home and spend lots of time with my family and friends. I plan on doing lots of relaxing and hanging out with my adorable pups. I can’t wait to sit on the couch and watch episode after episode of Gossip Girl!

HC: Great show, agreed. I’m definitely looking forward to family time too. Off the top of your head, who’s your celebrity crush?

CS: I’ve always had a little thing for Channing Tatum, but who hasn’t?! I used to competitive dance, so when the Step Up movie came out, I was hooked!

HC: I’m sure a lot of girls would agree with you! So any campus crushes so far?

CS: Hmm there’s just so many cuties on campus… I can’t just name one!