This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

This week, I had the chance to interview one of the kindest and most intelligent person I have met at DePauw. Her name? Chloe Reed. Chloe is a freshman and is super involved at DePauw. She is currently in Alpha Phi Omega, a service fraternity, and Best Buddies, which works with building friendships and support systems for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities. She also recently participated in our DePauw Dance Marathon (which raised over 89K this past week!)

HC: Hey Chloe, let’s start off by telling our readers a little bit about yourself!

CR: Hi, I’m Chloe Reed, and I am from Terre Haute, Indiana.  I honestly have no idea what I want to major in, but I have some interest in science, math and economics.  I love to be really involved in community service and helping people out.  Right now, I am involved in Best Buddies, Alpha Phi Omega and I participated in the DePauw Dance Marathon this year.

HC: That’s awesome! I think it’s important to have more women in the STEM field. Would you tell us a bit about some of the things you have done within these clubs and your experience at the Dance Marathon ?

CR: With Best Buddies I work one on one with a woman with disabilities and act as a friend for her.  I meet with her a couple times a month outside of club meetings, and we do something fun together.  In Alpha Phi Omega, we do a lot of community service and go to the Putnam County Humane Society almost every Friday.  Right now we are working on a service project for the club that will have a lasting impact on some aspect of the Greencastle community.  The Dance Marathon was such a great experience, and I was so thankful that I had the chance to participate in it and give to those families that need it most.  Actually meeting some Riley Kids and hearing their stories really made me realize how serious some of these things can be and how lucky I am to be healthy.

HC: Wow, so you really enjoy lending out a helping hand. That’s so sweet! I’m sure the Greencastle community and children at Riley definitely appreciate that. Speaking of Greencastle, what are some of your favorite things to do here at DePauw since it is a pretty rural area?

CR: I like to spend most of my time with my friends.  We go out to eat a lot, go to sporting or music events or just relax in one of our rooms and watch movies.

HC: Sounds pretty fun and eventful. How has adjusting from high school to DePauw been? What are you biggest challenges and/or biggest pieces of advice you would give to someone entering college?

CR: I think the transition from high school to DePauw has been pretty smooth, given that my high school was almost as big as DePauw.  For me, the biggest challenge has been to stay motivated and get my homework done in a timely manner.  I would suggest for them to make a plan on how to stay organized and to set a schedule of when you are going to do your homework, but they have to stick to it! Managing your time is the most important skill to have here.

HC: I think that’s pretty solid advice. Planners and Google calendars save lives. I’m glad to hear that your transition has gone smoothly. I hope to see you continue doing what you love, and thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and service duties for this interview!

CR: Thank you so much!

Hey all ! My name is Nadia Selena Estrada. I reside from the southside of Chicago and identify myself as a Chicana. I am currently a first-year student at DePauw University with an intended major in Psychology. I have a fine appreciation for all types of music, literature, and shades of orange (:
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.