This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

In a brick and yellow house on Duplex Row, 8 DePauw women live happily together during their senior year, just as they did three years previously at the dawn of their time in Greencastle. Four Greek-affiliated women, four independents, two DePauw athletes, two Duck bartenders, four brunettes, four blondes, and eight best friends who have solidified their friendship over the past 7 semesters, getting stronger still during the final semester of senior year. We’re so lucky, sometimes we just can’t bear our happiness. 

“They say nothing lasts forever …dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.” – Carrie Bradshaw

Meet the Chinda Girls (a.k.a. my housemates, soul-sisters, and best friends):

Sarah -A Journalism major from Centerville, Ohio with a passion for finding beauty in every moment, who’s incredibly well-spoken, has legs for days, and is one of the most dilligent women in existence. 

Kelsey – A Communication major from Mooresville, IN who looks for a fun adventure whenever possible, who has hopes to see the world, and loves “One Tree Hill” a lot.

Kara – A Communication major from Fort Wayne, IN who can network like a pro, can ROCK a cheetah romper (RIP cheetah romper), and is a lover of fun and excitement. She also makes really cool t-shirts. 

Eileen – An Art History major from Indianapolis, IN whose spirit animal is Betty White, is incredibly sincere and down to earth, is always down to be spontaneous, and appreciates fine art. 

Allie – An English Writing major from Terre Haute, IN who is artfully spoken, appreciative of life, loves to get down on the dance floor, and grounded in her feelings. She also has beautiful handwriting. 

Amanda – A Conflicts Study major from Tulsa, OK who in indescribably genuine, considerate and warm-hearted. A lover of her bed and Netflix, when Amanda’s not scoring runs on the softball field, you can find her charming the people around her.

Madison – A Communication major from Terre Haute, IN who is sisterly and encouraging and can make eyebrows look spectacular. She’s got a knack for fashion and makeup, and a talent for being thoughtful and always willing to try new things. 

Erin (me) – A Communication major from Rocky River, OH who is a happiness seeking dog enthusiast who loves her friends more than life.

“It seems they had always been and will always be friends. Time could change much, but not that.” – Winnie The Pooh

We Chinda girls enjoy Monday nights at the Fluttering Duck, cooing over Ben the Bachelor, wine, Nashville, Tennessee, sleeping and checking items (slowly) off our senior year bucket list. We love our horoscopes, listening to country and pop music, playing Cards Against Humanity, and baked goods. You can often find us together, trying to complete the Beach Body Guide, talking about feminism and the patriarchy, taking Facebook quizzes and marveling at Sarah’s photography skills. 

What’s incredible about these unique, spontaneous, loving, trustworthy, irreplaceable, encouraging, and beautiful people is the ongoing love, support, and straightforward friendship I enjoy with them on a daily basis. The friendship began on two floors of Hogate Hall during our freshman year, and extends to the two floors of the Chinda House 7 semesters later as we walk forward towards the future together. There wasn’t a day all four years we didn’t talk, laugh, make jokes, and enjoy our friendship. 

Even if our synchronized dances get messed up, at the end of the day, we couldn’t be happier we were each others’ partners. 

“The best kind of friendships are fierce lady friendships where you aggressively believe in each other, defend each other, and believe each other deserves the world.” -Unknown