Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Celebrities

Nicole Darnall '16

By Kristin Martin
October 22, 2014 - 6:25am

By Taylor Summers  Meet Nicole Darnall, our newest HerCampus Celebrity who is involved in so much on campus including D3TV, a member of Alpha Phi, junior communications major, campus tour guide, and on the executive team of Dance Marathon, it’s no wonder she landed this awesome internship this semester. She is currently in Chicago doing her Media Fellows internship with Kurtis Productions for the show “American Greed”. If that isn’t impressive enough she is also a campus ambassador for The Skimm, on a mission to get students out of the “DePauw bubble” with a quick and easy to read news sent to your email every Monday through Friday. Check out the details below of all the things Nicole is doing in Chicago!  READ...

Katie Stack '16

By Kristin Martin
October 18, 2014 - 11:20pm

By Jackie Graf With all of the excitement of Greek Week and the upcoming Greek God and Goddess competition, a lot has been going on around campus regarding Greek life. Greek Week and Greek God and Goddess are great events for the entire community to unite with one another, and are a perfect opportunity for first year students to get a taste of Greek life as well! Katie Stack, the VP of Programming for the Panhellenic Executive Council, gives us some insight into the planning for the week and the exciting events coming up! Her Campus: So Katie, can you tell us a little bit about what Panhellenic does?  READ MORE

Erin O'Brien '15

By Kristin Martin
October 8, 2014 - 9:19am

Senior Erin O’Brien is a driven young woman who has achieved great things. Not only did she intern for the TODAY Show in New York last spring, she is also very involved on campus. O’Brien is the President of DePauwCappella, the Multimedia Editor of The DePauw, an anchor on D3TV's The Source, and a sister of Alpha Chi Omega. She is also apart of the Media Fellows Program and Information Technology Associates Program. Her Campus: So Erin, tell us a little bit about what you did in New York? Erin O’Brien: I spent last spring semester living in New York City, doing my Media Fellows internship at the TODAY Show. I worked full-time but also got to enjoy the city!  READ MORE

Jake Rust '15

By Kristin Martin
October 5, 2014 - 5:45pm

Jake Rust, a senior at DePauw, is a driven student headed for a bright future. He is both a Management Fellow and ITAP student on a mission to achieve real world work experience to set him apart after graduation. This soon to be graduate is very involved on campus, participating in many philanthropies and events as a brother of Phi Delta Theta. He is also the student coordinator of an elementary math program at the Putnam County Community Center. Her Campus: Sounds like you are a busy guy on campus. What made you choose to spend an entire semester away? READ MORE

Andrew Bartucci '16

By Grace Quinn
September 28, 2014 - 8:55pm

By: Kristin Martin & Taylor Summers  Meet Andrew Bartucci, a junior DePauw student on a mission to provide delicious late night grilled cheese sandwiches at everyone's convenience. He recently started Cheesin’ this year and it has only gone up from there! If you have a chance to stop by on a Wednesday night, you will sure be glad you did. When Andrew is not making students a tasty late night snack, he works on his double major in Political Science and Classical Civilization. He is also a brother of Beta Theta Pi, a First Year Mentor, and a College Mentor for Kids. Her Campus: So Andrew tell us a little bit about what Cheesin' is? READ MORE

Pizza Dude: Adam Folta '16

By miriampanozzo2015
April 23, 2014 - 3:41pm

Name:  Adam Folta aka Pizza Dude Grade Level:  Sophomore Major:  Urban Studies Her Campus: What inspired you to start Pizza Dude?  Adam Folta: When I was at an entrepreneurship summit at Wabash last spring.  The CEO of Zappos spoke and said when he was in college he bought pizza and sold it by the slice.  I wanted to do my own thing similar to that so I began by buying and selling pizza to make some money.  After a while I wanted to do my own thing and I teamed up with Rob Weidner and we created recipes of our own. The pizza is very different from anything else you can get in Greencastle.  It’s very Italian-like with the thin crust and a good combination of toppings. READ MORE

Morgan Shaner '16

By Grace E. Pittner
April 7, 2014 - 2:14pm

How does having an internship in Germany while spending the weekends exploring Europe sound? How about living in Cape Town, South Africa? Pretty nice, right? Well, DePauw Sophomore, Morgan Shaner is doing just that. Originally from New York, Morgan has found her niche at DePauw University. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as the prestigious Management Fellows Program. Morgan has also created her own major entitled, “International Political Economy.” Shaner is currently fulfilling the internship requirement for Management Fellows in Munich, Germany and will spend the following semester studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa. She may be abroad for work, but Morgan has most definitely found the time to test her adventurous side....

Amelia Marvel '15

By Stephanie Sharlow
April 1, 2014 - 2:54pm

Fast Facts:
Hometown: Martinsville, Indiana
Major: Political Science Major, History Minor
Greek affiliation: Alpha Phi
Favorite "hidden treasure" in Greencastle: The various gorgeous Covered Bridges around Greencastle and Putnam County READ MORE

Little 5 co-chair Laura Guild '15

By miriampanozzo2015
March 4, 2014 - 9:00am

Though this winter is still brewing up forecasts for snow, spring should hopefully be riding in pretty soon. The season of spring brings blooming flowers, longer days full of sunlight and the event we wait all year for: Little 5. Her Campus is getting a jump start into the riding season and talking with co-chair Laura Guild about what it takes to make a successful, fun and memorable Little 5. READ MORE

"The Secret Garden"'s Sydney Cason '16

By Katie Kondry
February 26, 2014 - 9:00am

Fast Facts: Name: Sydney Cason Year: Sophomore Hometown: West Lafayette, IN Major: Psychology. Minor- Applied Music Favorite Marvin’s Item: Frank’s Fries HerCampus: Hi Sydney, thanks for taking the time to talk with us today! Congratulations on landing the lead role, which I understand that you will be sharing! How has rehearsal for the opera been going? I know you must be extremely busy rehearsing for DePauw’s opera, The Secret Garden, which premieres next weekend. READ MORE