Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Celebrities

Pizza Dude: Adam Folta '16

By miriampanozzo2015
April 23, 2014 - 3:41pm

Name:  Adam Folta aka Pizza Dude Grade Level:  Sophomore Major:  Urban Studies Her Campus: What inspired you to start Pizza Dude?  Adam Folta: When I was at an entrepreneurship summit at Wabash last spring.  The CEO of Zappos spoke and said when he was in college he bought pizza and sold it by the slice.  I wanted to do my own thing similar to that so I began by buying and selling pizza to make some money.  After a while I wanted to do my own thing and I teamed up with Rob Weidner and we created recipes of our own. The pizza is very different from anything else you can get in Greencastle.  It’s very Italian-like with the thin crust and a good combination of toppings. READ MORE

Morgan Shaner '16

By Grace E. Pittner
April 7, 2014 - 2:14pm

How does having an internship in Germany while spending the weekends exploring Europe sound? How about living in Cape Town, South Africa? Pretty nice, right? Well, DePauw Sophomore, Morgan Shaner is doing just that. Originally from New York, Morgan has found her niche at DePauw University. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as the prestigious Management Fellows Program. Morgan has also created her own major entitled, “International Political Economy.” Shaner is currently fulfilling the internship requirement for Management Fellows in Munich, Germany and will spend the following semester studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa. She may be abroad for work, but Morgan has most definitely found the time to test her adventurous side....

Amelia Marvel '15

By Stephanie Sharlow
April 1, 2014 - 2:54pm

Fast Facts:
Hometown: Martinsville, Indiana
Major: Political Science Major, History Minor
Greek affiliation: Alpha Phi
Favorite "hidden treasure" in Greencastle: The various gorgeous Covered Bridges around Greencastle and Putnam County READ MORE

Little 5 co-chair Laura Guild '15

By miriampanozzo2015
March 4, 2014 - 9:00am

Though this winter is still brewing up forecasts for snow, spring should hopefully be riding in pretty soon. The season of spring brings blooming flowers, longer days full of sunlight and the event we wait all year for: Little 5. Her Campus is getting a jump start into the riding season and talking with co-chair Laura Guild about what it takes to make a successful, fun and memorable Little 5. READ MORE

"The Secret Garden"'s Sydney Cason '16

By Katie Kondry
February 26, 2014 - 9:00am

Fast Facts: Name: Sydney Cason Year: Sophomore Hometown: West Lafayette, IN Major: Psychology. Minor- Applied Music Favorite Marvin’s Item: Frank’s Fries HerCampus: Hi Sydney, thanks for taking the time to talk with us today! Congratulations on landing the lead role, which I understand that you will be sharing! How has rehearsal for the opera been going? I know you must be extremely busy rehearsing for DePauw’s opera, The Secret Garden, which premieres next weekend. READ MORE

Kaitlin Klose '13

By Libby Warren
February 19, 2014 - 9:00am

Kaitlin Klose, a DePauw 2013 alumna, is already doing amazing things. Her Campus talked with Kaitlin about her surreal life in sunny Los Angeles, and how DePauw prepared her for the experience of a lifetime. READ MORE

Casey Nesius '14: Panhellenic VP of Recruitment

By Libby Warren
February 11, 2014 - 2:17pm

Recruitment is done! While New Members are proudly wearing their letters and actives are thrilled to have new sisters, Her Campus wants to take the time to thank Casey Nesius, the force behind DePauw’s 2014 Formal Recruitment. It couldn’t have happened without her! We sat down with Casey to learn a little more about the intense (yet fun!) process of Formal Recruitment. READ MORE

Jenna Stoner '16

By Libby Warren
December 12, 2013 - 11:39am

Jenna is one of six sophomores on the DePauw University basketball team. Their current season record is 7-0, adding to their 34-0 record and National Championship last season. As a guard, Jenna always helps her team by shooting and driving to the basket, and she is also integral on defense. Her Campus sat down with Jenna to discuss the season so far and the team’s hopes for the future. READ MORE

Abby Snively '16

By Emily Wiland
December 4, 2013 - 7:08pm

Fast Facts: Major: Economics Hometown: Carmel, IN Year: Sophomore Abby Snively, Head Dance Marathon Chair, gives the inside scoop of her motivation and drive to bringing a worldwide charity for a Children’s Miracle Network hospital. Snively participated in Carmel High School Dance Marathon, which is known for being the biggest donator for high schools in the country.  Her Campus: What is your role in starting Dance Marathon? READ MORE

Professor Francesca Seaman

By Grace E. Pittner
November 21, 2013 - 10:46pm

When you walk into Italian Professor Francesca Seaman’s office, you feel a sense of home. Hidden in the basement of East College, her office walls are covered with pictures of her six children, old photographs of her and her husband (Professor Michael Seaman of the Classical Studies Department here at DePauw), and the sunlight that floods in through the windows that line the top of the walls. Francesca has been teaching at DePauw for ten years, and has a true fairy tale success story. READ MORE