Blogger’s Pick: Laura Ledesma

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

1.     White Low-Top Converse

I’ve always been a fan of Converse. They’re the perfect tennis shoe to wear with a pair of jeans, leggings, and even shorts when trying to look casual.

2.     Leggings

For those of you who know me well enough, you’ll know that I hardly ever wear jeans—you’ll always see me wearing a pair of black leggings. In my defense, they’re so much more comfortable than wearing actual pants. Solid, colored, print, fleece, leather; there’s literally tons of different types. Plus, they match with everything, so why not?

3.     Casual summery dress

Now that spring has pretty much arrived (finally), it’s definitely time to start bringing out those casual dresses! I’m not talking about anything fancy, just a simple flow-y, mid thigh, flowery (or solid) dress; add a cardigan over if it’s a little chilly, and you’re set.

4.     Cardigans

You can never own too many cardigans. They’re essential.

5.     Statement necklaces

Weather it’s a night out or going to class, statement necklaces will make your whole outfit stand out and make your outfit.

6.     Open-toed Wedges

Finally, wedges: essential for the spring and summer. Weather you’re wearing jeans, shorts, a dress, or skirt, open-toed wedges will never let you down. You know what they say—shoes always make an outfit! (Plus, if you’re short like me, they’ll become your best friend, and even if you have the gift of height, show off those legs, ladies).