Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Blog

Falling into Shoe Trends

By Grace Quinn
October 11, 2014 - 7:51pm

After dealing with months of hot, humid, and 90-degree weather, most girls are sick and tired of their flip-flops and are ready to upgrade to a brand new pair of fall shoes. Trends come and go, but are always exciting to follow. This year’s fall shoe trends come in a lot of different shapes, sizes, and price ranges.  Sneakers:  READ MORE

The Spill: Uncle George and Wyatt Isabelle

By Laurel O'Rourke
October 11, 2014 - 7:26pm

The Spill is back to bring all the latest pop culture news to all of it’s fabulous readers! What a week to come back! Let’s start with some good news. On September 30th, the couple that was meant to be, Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis welcomed the heir to their oh so beautiful throne. The announcement came soon after their daughter’s birth, although the name was withheld for a day, keeping adoring fans waiting with bated breath. While the child is no doubt going to be a knock out, there was speculation over what her name could be. Given recent Hollywood baby names, like Kate Hudson’s son, Bingham, the world’s most perfect baby could have nothing but a perfect name. READ MORE

PIZZA!

By Elizabeth Notestine
September 28, 2014 - 9:02pm

Hello HerCampus food lovers! I am so glad to be back and writing for you again. It seems like it has been so long since I have shared my food stories, but I have so many after spending four months in Italy. Assuming my next several posts are going to be about my Italian food experience, I am going to start with the one you will all relate with most… PIZZA! You must know first, that the most shocking thing about Italian pizza is that when you go to a Pizzeria in Italy you will never get a slice of pizza or get to choose what size you want like you do in the US. Instead, you get a “single serving” or what we would compare to an entire small pizza! I mean these babies were huge. Another odd thing is they would never slice the pizza....

Life in Neverland: Fraternity formals in another kingdom

By Kelly Killpack
April 9, 2014 - 8:44pm

It’s fraternity spring formal season! (It’s better than prom, freshmen) This year is a bit different though--there are two weekends that the boys will be off to different cities with dates for unforgettable adventures. Whether it is your first off-campus formal, or you’re a veteran who is traveling to more than one (we’re jealous), check out these tips to make your weekend extra magical. Make a killer playlist for the drive READ MORE

Life in Neverland: Finding magic in the job search

By Kelly Killpack
March 17, 2014 - 9:00am

Seniors are certainly in panic mode as they search for something, anything, to do after graduation. Sorry for the reminder, ladies, but the “G” word is approaching, and we should probably have some idea of what we want to do in the next few months. The same goes for underclassmen looking for internships or a worthwhile way to spend their summer. These jobs and opportunities won’t be just handed to you. No fairy godmothers here! But that shouldn’t stop you from seeking out your dream job. Who better to help us through this process than our favorite Disney characters? Bonus: Motivational Disney songs for the application processes! Dream Big READ MORE

Let’s Get Physical: DePauw Fitness Class Breakdown, Part 2

By Stephanie Sharlow
March 13, 2014 - 2:32pm

With the slowly emerging fraturdays and darties, formals and informals, also come with midterms. As we (finally…hopefully?) head into spring, there’s no better way to refocus your mind than a solid fitness class like Pilates. READ MORE

Let’s Get Physical: DePauw Fitness Class Breakdown, Part 1

By Stephanie Sharlow
February 26, 2014 - 9:00am

Here at DePauw, we collegiates are blessed with abundant amenities to keep our brains and our bodies healthy and happy. While Lilly might still be a work in progress, and the student body might be a tad short on treadmills (especially at 10:30 am), we still have free access to many wonderful fitness classes. Some of us may be off-season athletes. Some of us may be working towards the spring break body. And some of us may just want to give that New Year’s resolution of a healthier life another go. So I’ll be attending each fitness class and breaking them down, including a final rating of difficulty – ranging from 1 (easiest) to 5 (hardest) – so each Liger can pick the right fitness class for them. YOGA...

Life in Neverland: Make Finals Magical

By Kelly Killpack
December 12, 2013 - 10:00am

There comes a point during Finals Week that you tell yourself it’s okay to give up and check out. Don’t let today be that day! Some of our beloved Disney characters have some words of advice for those of you hidden in a corner of Roy O. studying for that terrible cumulative exam or writing a paper you maybe should have started last week. So turn on some Disney instrumental music (my personal favorite for studying) and check out this motivation and some tips for the upcoming week. …OK and to procrastinate for a few minutes READ MORE

Life in Neverland: Fact from Fairytale in the 'Castle

By Kelly Killpack
November 25, 2013 - 9:00am

As a hopeless romantic, I was surprised to hear the truth of some of our favorite fairytales. Did you know in the original story of “The Little Mermaid,” Ariel doesn’t marry Prince Eric and becomes so depressed she disappears into foam? And “Sleeping Beauty” is not awoken by a kiss in the real story…but we’ll leave it at that READ MORE

The Spill: Justin Bieber's Guide to South America

By Laurel O'Rourke
November 19, 2013 - 9:00am

Currently on the South American leg of his “Believe” Tour, Justin has consistently made headlines with his antics. In case you’re looking for a spur of the moment trip over Thanksgiving, here is a guide of the perfect vacation according to J. Biebs himself. READ MORE