Best Snacks to Limit the Stress of Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

As we all know, midterms can be absurdly stressful, and although you may get little sleep and have little time for socializing, snacks can certainly bring a smile to any sad student’s face! Here are some of the best snacks to curb your crazy snack cravings!

Popcorn

Popcorn is a great go-to for studying. It takes little time to make, isn’t super unhealthy, and smells so gosh darn delicious coming out of the microwave. Just be careful not to burn it or you’ll be forced to take a study break when the fire alarm inevitably goes off.

Slushies

If you’re looking for a quick adventure, then look no further than your local gas station, full of a variety of snacks including the oh-so-delicious slushie. At only 99 cents for the smallest two sizes, slushies are perfect if you’re in need of a little kick of sugar to get you through the night.

French Fries

Sometimes when studying gets tough, you just need to treat yourself and go for some fries. Not only are they delicious in ketchup, but they’re even better when dipped in a milkshake. Double the fast food, double the fun.

Fruit Snacks

These delicious little gummies are perfect for a late night studying lull. Mimicking the taste of actual healthy food, fruit snacks are the deception you need to convince yourself that you’re eating healthy while also being productive and studying. You go, girl.

Chex Mix

Original Chex Mix is always a good go-to, but if you’re feeling like switching it up they come in a variety of flavors such as cheddar, muddy buddies, party blend, turtle, and more.

Studying can be the worst, but hopefully reading this article and picking up some snacks has given you a well-deserved break!

DePauw 2020, Neuroscience and Computer science double major, Soccer Player