The Best Shows to Binge Watch on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

I don’t know about you, but there is nothing better than watching your favorite Netflix show after a long, stressful day. But what do you do when you run out of episodes and you’ve already watched the same show over and over again. I have a simple solution. Try another one! Here are some of the best shows to binge that will not only brighten your day, but also let you go to bed with a smile.

Friends

Okay, okay…I am sure that almost all of you have watched Friends and if not, are you even American?!? Anyway, it is a great show to watch before bed or while getting ready in the morning. There is nothing better than laughing, and I promise you this show does not disappoint. The show is about six friends and how they go through life in New York City. Each character has his or her own quirks, which only makes the show that much better. If you haven’t already, give it a chance. You will not regret it!

Jane the Virgin

Poor Jane gets accidentally artificially inseminated and even crazier than that, she is a virgin! See how her new pregnancy affects not only her love life, but personal life as well. This show is great because it makes fun of the typical telenovela. I can almost guarantee that you will love Rogelio’s character as soon as he is introduced. Who is Rogelio you ask? Watch the show!

How I Met Your Mother

This show does not get enough credit. It is about five friends and the crazy adventures they embark on together while living in New York City. Ted wants love, Lily and Marshall are the definition of couple goals, Robin is a bad-ass and Barney does magic…What more could you want?? HIMYM is nothing but legen-wait for it-dary. Legendary.

One Tree Hill

This show is about teenagers trying to find their way in high school and then transition into their adult lives. I have never watched a more heartwarming show about life, love and friendships. I would definitely say this feel-good drama has everything you could want. I would be lying if I said I haven’t seen the show all the way through more than once. Is it Peyton or Brooke? Watch and find out.   

The Office

This is probably one of the funniest shows I have ever seen and for no reason at all. I am sure you have all heard of The Office. If not, it’s a comedy that takes place in a work setting with a boss that is probably one of the weirdest and most inappropriate characters you will ever come across. If you haven’t seen the show, you have to give it a chance.

Have you really seen all these shows?

Do not fret, I have more!

–    Dexter: A serial killer with a heart. (Seriously good, I promise)

–    Grey’s Anatomy: Doctors and their dramas. (Want to be a doctor?—this could be your life)

–    Video Game High School: Brain D and his adventures. (Really stupid show, but also pretty funny?

–    Lost: The horrid effects of a plane crash. (Pretty intense show, but I recommend)

If you have seen all those shows too maybe you are the expert. Hope you find yourself loving these shows as much as I did and really don’t be afraid of watching them more than once. It can be our little secret.

Freshman at Depauw University.
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.