The Best of The Met Gala

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

The Met Gala is hands-down THE fashion event of the year. With this year’s theme being Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons, there were high expectations, and I have to say that this year did not disappoint. Met Gala 2017 definitely put out an impressive display, but among the best dressed in Hollywood royalty only some stood on top. So, without further ado, here is a recap of the Met Gala’s best.

Best-Dressed Couple​Ryan Reynolds once said, “My wife knows how to work a red carpet, I’ll say that. Yeah, she might be the Beyoncé of red carpets.” Ryan we could not agree with you more. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds were easily the best-dressed couple this year with both wearing Versace.

Most Elegant​Elle Fanning stole the show in this timeless Miu Miu gown this year. With soft pleats and a soft baby blue color, this simple dress was definitely noticed.

Best Accessory​Jaden Smith looked dashing in his Louis Vuitton suit, but his accessory really grabbed our eyes. By holding his own dreadlocks on the red carpet, he sure made a statement and possibly fashion history.

Best Themed Outfit​Rihanna is never afraid to make a statement, and with this year’s Met Gala theme being Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons, Rihanna made sure to take full advantage of it. Being one of the few guests to actually wear a piece made by Comme des Garçons, this look will be remembered in the Met Gala hall of fame.

Most Original​What way to end the Met Gala best’s with the queen of cool herself? Cara Delevingne dazzled everyone with her Chanel suit and Louis Vuitton pumps. Not only was her outfit original, but ther sparkling silver scalp really left us speechless. To say the least, Met Gala 2018 can’t come soon enough.

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.