This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is extremely involved in campus. He is a newly initiated Sigma Chi from California and can’t wait for the next couple weeks with Derby Days and Little 5 coming up. Ladies, meet Ben Kusber.

Her Campus: Hey Ben, tell our readers a little bit about yourself!

Campus Cutie: I’m vice president of the volleyball club here on campus, a newly initiated Sigma Chi, a science research fellow, on the student philanthropy council, and a member of Phi Delta Epsilon which is the medical fraternity on campus. I also hope to be a part of Timmy Global Health soon, once I start getting more time in my schedule.

HC: Wow! That is a lot! Do you hold any positions in your fraternity?

CC: I am our pledge class philanthropy chair, and I’m hoping to run for philanthropy chair next year. So that is my biggest involvement within the house so far. We have Derby Days coming up so that’s exciting! I also represent Sigma Chi on the Little 5 steering committee.

HC: That sounds like a lot as well, could you tell us about Derby Days?

CC: Derby days is next week actually! The dates are April 19-24 so on Sunday we are kicking off the week with a mural competition!

HC: That’s so soon! Can you tell us about that?

CC: Yeah, each sorority has 24 hours to paint a mural on our wall.

HC: That a cool idea! Plus you guys get to switch up your wall art every now and then. Are there any other activities for the week?

CC: Monday through Wednesday is the flag football tournament and Thursday night is the big dance competition. This year we are also partnering with Timmy Global Health on the glow run on Wednesday night. It’s an afternoon event that will be really fun with a little mixer afterwards. Oh and sororities can also get bandanas all week for doing nice things for Sigma Chi’s.

HC: Sounds great, I look forward to that! What do you do on the Little Five steering committee?

CC: Yeah! Little five starts this Sunday which will be exciting. On Monday there is the car stuff- everyone brings their house and tries to stuff as many people into their cars as they can. We are also doing a sheet sign competition this year. There are a ton of different events.

HC: Those events sound great!

CC: Yes, it’s going to be a fun couple of weeks!

HC: As the year is coming to a close, what has been some of your favorite memories?

CC: Some of my favorite moments have definitely been with the volleyball club. I’ve met a lot of great people. I’ve helped organize matches with other schools which was fun. But then also some of my favorite moments have been from pledge ship- joining Sigma Chi, meeting some of my best friends till this point. And sharing all of those experiences there, both inside and outside.

HC: Sounds like a great year! What are your summer plans?

CC: I’m going backpacking across Europe with one of my best friends for 12 days, it’s the last summer that we can really do anything before life hits. I also have an internship in the department of patient relations at a local hospital and I’m also shadowing a few doctors up at a hospital in San Francisco.

HC: Wow, life doesn’t slow down for you in the summer! Any fun concerts?

CC: No, but me and my friend are joining a summer volleyball league. Actually, we are trying to go to Outside Land.

HC: What’s that?

CC: It’s a music festival in San Francisco, its three days long and like a mini lolla.

HC: Well it has definitely been a productive and fun school year and sounds like the summer will be the same! Thank you so much Ben!

CC: Thank you!