This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Q: I’m a freshman here at DePauw and I’m struggling to find my niche here. I’m not feeling that involved with the school besides classes. So my question is, what can I do on campus to feel like a part of the campus community?

A: Well first off, welcome to the Tiger Family! We are glad to have you here. The first few weeks of freshman year are the most emotionally tolling I think. Everyone is thrown into a new environment with new people and told it’ll be the time of their lives. It’s stressful and scary and tiring, but it’s also exhilarating and exciting. With that said, it’s important to remember that there are so many other students out there feeling the same emotions as you are so you’re definitely not alone! Now that classes are starting to become more routine, reach out to your classmates to work on projects together and study for tests! If they’re in a class with you it’s highly likely they’re interested in some of the same things. You wouldn’t believe how many wonderful friendships I’ve made just because we happened to like the same one thing.

I would also suggest going to any and all events posted in the DePauw Weekly email! For a campus of our size, there is a surprising amount of activities happening every week, so check them out. A lot of them are club promotions, and that could be the club for you. If you’re unsure about any clubs ask your mentor! If they don’t know, they’ll definitely know someone who will. Perks of going to a small school. I hope this helps!

– Debbie

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.