Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Archives

PIZZA!

By Elizabeth Notestine
September 28, 2014 - 9:02pm

Hello HerCampus food lovers! I am so glad to be back and writing for you again. It seems like it has been so long since I have shared my food stories, but I have so many after spending four months in Italy. Assuming my next several posts are going to be about my Italian food experience, I am going to start with the one you will all relate with most… PIZZA! You must know first, that the most shocking thing about Italian pizza is that when you go to a Pizzeria in Italy you will never get a slice of pizza or get to choose what size you want like you do in the US. Instead, you get a “single serving” or what we would compare to an entire small pizza! I mean these babies were huge. Another odd thing is they would never slice the pizza....

Cody Watson '15

By Elizabeth Warren
September 28, 2014 - 8:55pm

There is no doubt you've seen him around campus, Cody Watson is involved in just about everything here at DePauw. But, he still has time for fun, and definitely has time to be our next Campus Cutie. Her Campus sat down with Cody to get to know him a little more. Her Campus: Thanks for talking with us, Cody! I know you are SUPER involved, but where to even begin?.... Cody Watson: Well, the biggest thing is, of course, being the Student Body President. I am also the president of Sigma Nu, the President of Order of Omega, and the president of the soccer club here at DePauw. I coach the Greencastle Varsity Boys Soccer team, and I am a housing assistant for CLCD. READ MORE

Andrew Bartucci '16

By Grace Quinn
September 28, 2014 - 8:55pm

By: Kristin Martin & Taylor Summers  Meet Andrew Bartucci, a junior DePauw student on a mission to provide delicious late night grilled cheese sandwiches at everyone's convenience. He recently started Cheesin’ this year and it has only gone up from there! If you have a chance to stop by on a Wednesday night, you will sure be glad you did. When Andrew is not making students a tasty late night snack, he works on his double major in Political Science and Classical Civilization. He is also a brother of Beta Theta Pi, a First Year Mentor, and a College Mentor for Kids. Her Campus: So Andrew tell us a little bit about what Cheesin' is? READ MORE

The "Grunge" Look

By Grace Quinn
September 28, 2014 - 8:43pm

By: Elizabeth Morales   With the influx of popularity of 90’s bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam, it’s no surprise that the most popular style of the 90’s, grunge, is making a comeback as well.  Every twenty years or so certain styles begin to cycle back into mainstream society and with the 90’s twenty years behind us, it seemed inevitable that grunge would make a comeback.  The "grunge” look is characterized by dark or neutral colors, as well as items you would typically find at thrift stores like flannels and army jackets.  While this may sound unappealing to some, with a little effort, these pieces of clothing can be turned into a fashionable, every day outfit.   READ MORE

Spring Skirts

By Nina Moore
May 4, 2014 - 2:00pm

Warm weather is finally here! And what better way to celebrate than putting on an adorable skirt! There are so many different kinds of skirts to wear this spring. Pencil, Maxi, Mini, Bodycon, and Pleated are just some of the numerous types of skirts. Skirts are great when it’s too warm for jeans and too cold for shorts! And with summer right around the corner, skirts are the best way to add some “girliness” to your outfit. There are so many ways to style a skirt and, with so many diverse patterns and bold colors to choose from, you will have no trouble finding something to wear with it! Pair a skirt with your favorite tee and shoes. READ MORE

Top Five for Little 5

By Maria Rummel
May 2, 2014 - 11:09am

Little 5 week is upon us! Looking for what to wear this weekend? Here is your go-to guide for the essentials you will not want to forget! THE Tank:  A Little 5 classic.  Come support your favorite team with one of this year’s hot new designs!  So maybe going mainstream isn’t quite your thing or you’re looking to save some cash?  Ask around for a past years tank just to shake it up a bit.  Not Greek? Tiger pride is ALWAYS acceptable! READ MORE

Fashion at Your Fingertips

By Carrie Robinson
April 29, 2014 - 10:23am

With too many options and not enough iPhone storage space, it can be tough to decide which apps are really worth downloading. Here are some of the most popular, free fashion apps. Plus, if you don’t have room to download these apps, you can always check out their websites! Keep READ MORE

Matt Jenkins '15

By Ryan Konicek
April 23, 2014 - 3:44pm

By: Katya Carey  You will swoon over Delta Tau Deltas finest member Matt Jenkins, upcoming social chair and rush chair he’s got it all figured it out and knows exactly what he’s looking for. HC: So Matt how is junior year going for you so far? Matt Jenkins: It’s going pretty well I’m getting more and more involved so that’s been fun. HC: Awesome, what are you majoring in? Matt Jenkins: I’m majoring in Communications with a minor in literature. I plan to get a job in marketing or real estate once I graduate. HC: Wow good for you! You mentioned that you were involved on campus; do you mind telling us some of you involvements? READ MORE

Pizza Dude: Adam Folta '16

By miriampanozzo2015
April 23, 2014 - 3:41pm

Name:  Adam Folta aka Pizza Dude Grade Level:  Sophomore Major:  Urban Studies Her Campus: What inspired you to start Pizza Dude?  Adam Folta: When I was at an entrepreneurship summit at Wabash last spring.  The CEO of Zappos spoke and said when he was in college he bought pizza and sold it by the slice.  I wanted to do my own thing similar to that so I began by buying and selling pizza to make some money.  After a while I wanted to do my own thing and I teamed up with Rob Weidner and we created recipes of our own. The pizza is very different from anything else you can get in Greencastle.  It’s very Italian-like with the thin crust and a good combination of toppings. READ MORE

April Showers Bring May Flowers

By Elizabeth Morales
April 21, 2014 - 3:00pm

If the old saying is true, then DePauw’s campus should be covered in beautiful blooms next month!  April has brought some bad weather with rain nearly every day this year.  Here are some tips to get you through this gloomy weather and to start thinking about the sunny days to come. READ MORE