Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Archives

Celebrating Spring at Bowman Park

By Emily Scinta
April 14, 2014 - 9:00am

Fingers crossed that the warm weather we have been experiencing is here to stay. It’s time to get outside and get involved with all of the outdoor Spring activities DePauw has to share! READ MORE

Life in Neverland: Fraternity formals in another kingdom

By Kelly Killpack
April 9, 2014 - 8:44pm

It’s fraternity spring formal season! (It’s better than prom, freshmen) This year is a bit different though--there are two weekends that the boys will be off to different cities with dates for unforgettable adventures. Whether it is your first off-campus formal, or you’re a veteran who is traveling to more than one (we’re jealous), check out these tips to make your weekend extra magical. Make a killer playlist for the drive READ MORE

Bring Spring Break Back to DePauw

By alisonbaker2017
April 7, 2014 - 4:23pm

Reality has surely set in this week as we have all flocked back to campus from the warm and exotic locations many of us visited over break.  So while we’re all trying to readjust to campus life, there’s no reason we can’t bring a few little pieces of spring break back to school.  These small things are easily accessible to give us a little break from the hustle and bustle of our busy schedules! READ MORE

Morgan Shaner '16

By Grace E. Pittner
April 7, 2014 - 2:14pm

How does having an internship in Germany while spending the weekends exploring Europe sound? How about living in Cape Town, South Africa? Pretty nice, right? Well, DePauw Sophomore, Morgan Shaner is doing just that. Originally from New York, Morgan has found her niche at DePauw University. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as the prestigious Management Fellows Program. Morgan has also created her own major entitled, “International Political Economy.” Shaner is currently fulfilling the internship requirement for Management Fellows in Munich, Germany and will spend the following semester studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa. She may be abroad for work, but Morgan has most definitely found the time to test her adventurous side....

The Martin Twins: Kristin and Katherine '17

By taylorsummers2017
April 7, 2014 - 2:07pm

HerCampus: Hello Martin Twins! I’ve heard from many people on campus that you two are “double trouble”, in the best way, and are the most well rounded twins around! So how about we start off with you both telling us a little bit about yourselves? Katherine Martin: Okay sounds good well I grew up in Fishers, Indiana and went to high school at Guerin. Guerin was a small school and DePauw just felt like a good size for what I was used to. I also really liked all the off-campus opportunities DePauw offers since I love to travel! READ MORE

Spring Outerwear Trends

By Carrie Robinson
April 3, 2014 - 11:09pm

We all know how inconsistent Indiana weather can be; one day it’s sunny and warm and two days later it’s snowing. These rapid changes can even occur over the course of a day. I know I can’t be the only one who walks to class in the morning shivering, only to be sweating in the sun by lunch. I’ve finally found the solution just in time for spring: light jackets. Before you head to class throw on a lightweight jacket that can be easily taken off if you get too hot throughout the day. Pack up your winter coats and check out these outerwear staples for spring! Raincoats: Spring is always a rainy season. Make sure to keep dry without getting too toasty in a trusty lightweight raincoat. READ MORE

Amelia Marvel '15

By Stephanie Sharlow
April 1, 2014 - 2:54pm

Fast Facts:
Hometown: Martinsville, Indiana
Major: Political Science Major, History Minor
Greek affiliation: Alpha Phi
Favorite "hidden treasure" in Greencastle: The various gorgeous Covered Bridges around Greencastle and Putnam County READ MORE

A Kaleidoscope of colors and patterns

By Madeline Schroeder, Maria Rummel
March 31, 2014 - 9:00am

Photos by: Maria Rummel Hello Ladies! Spring is in the air and I know you are itching to get out of your jeans and sweaters and into something colorful and new! Fashion Blog is here to give you the latest colors, cuts, and patterns you will be seeing in spring 2014! I love to think of this season as a kaleidoscope of colors and patterns. The jewel like colors are much more opaque compared to the light pastels of the past spring trends. Breaking the typical pastel trend is making me even more excited for this fashion season! READ MORE

Keep Calm and get your Spring Break Body On

By Erin Cathleen Mann
March 18, 2014 - 9:00am

By: Nicole Taveras Spring break is days away, the weather is getting warmer and your days are getting longer. Your mind is ready to soak up the sun, but is your bikini body ready? Walking to Lilly in negative degree weather was just not an option, but ladies you no longer have that as an excuse. Lose your winter weight the right way, and feel comfortable in your bikini this spring break! Get inspired Sure the girls in the new Victoria Secret’s swimsuit catalog seem genetically freaky and are probably photoshopped to appear perfect, but looking at a good cover model can be great motivation. Find a workout partner READ MORE

Construction: Before and After at DePauw

By ryanklein2016
March 17, 2014 - 3:00pm

It’s hard to believe that DePauw ever looked any different than it does now, but at one point, the only building that made up our campus was East College. Current DePauw students are witnessing even further transformation of our campus happening today. Construction is nothing new for current DePauw students, sophomore Marek Burchett says “It has been very cool to see projects come together and finish like Anderson street and North quad while we’ve been on campus.” DePauw is known for it gorgeous campus and all of these improvements are only improving this positive image.  READ MORE