Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Archives

Spring Skirts

By Nina Moore
May 4, 2014 - 2:00pm

Warm weather is finally here! And what better way to celebrate than putting on an adorable skirt! There are so many different kinds of skirts to wear this spring. Pencil, Maxi, Mini, Bodycon, and Pleated are just some of the numerous types of skirts. Skirts are great when it’s too warm for jeans and too cold for shorts! And with summer right around the corner, skirts are the best way to add some “girliness” to your outfit. There are so many ways to style a skirt and, with so many diverse patterns and bold colors to choose from, you will have no trouble finding something to wear with it! Pair a skirt with your favorite tee and shoes. READ MORE

Top Five for Little 5

By Maria Rummel
May 2, 2014 - 11:09am

Little 5 week is upon us! Looking for what to wear this weekend? Here is your go-to guide for the essentials you will not want to forget! THE Tank:  A Little 5 classic.  Come support your favorite team with one of this year’s hot new designs!  So maybe going mainstream isn’t quite your thing or you’re looking to save some cash?  Ask around for a past years tank just to shake it up a bit.  Not Greek? Tiger pride is ALWAYS acceptable! READ MORE

Fashion at Your Fingertips

By Carrie Robinson
April 29, 2014 - 10:23am

With too many options and not enough iPhone storage space, it can be tough to decide which apps are really worth downloading. Here are some of the most popular, free fashion apps. Plus, if you don’t have room to download these apps, you can always check out their websites! Keep READ MORE

Matt Jenkins '15

By Ryan Konicek
April 23, 2014 - 3:44pm

By: Katya Carey  You will swoon over Delta Tau Deltas finest member Matt Jenkins, upcoming social chair and rush chair he’s got it all figured it out and knows exactly what he’s looking for. HC: So Matt how is junior year going for you so far? Matt Jenkins: It’s going pretty well I’m getting more and more involved so that’s been fun. HC: Awesome, what are you majoring in? Matt Jenkins: I’m majoring in Communications with a minor in literature. I plan to get a job in marketing or real estate once I graduate. HC: Wow good for you! You mentioned that you were involved on campus; do you mind telling us some of you involvements? READ MORE

Pizza Dude: Adam Folta '16

By miriampanozzo2015
April 23, 2014 - 3:41pm

Name:  Adam Folta aka Pizza Dude Grade Level:  Sophomore Major:  Urban Studies Her Campus: What inspired you to start Pizza Dude?  Adam Folta: When I was at an entrepreneurship summit at Wabash last spring.  The CEO of Zappos spoke and said when he was in college he bought pizza and sold it by the slice.  I wanted to do my own thing similar to that so I began by buying and selling pizza to make some money.  After a while I wanted to do my own thing and I teamed up with Rob Weidner and we created recipes of our own. The pizza is very different from anything else you can get in Greencastle.  It’s very Italian-like with the thin crust and a good combination of toppings. READ MORE

April Showers Bring May Flowers

By Elizabeth Morales
April 21, 2014 - 3:00pm

If the old saying is true, then DePauw’s campus should be covered in beautiful blooms next month!  April has brought some bad weather with rain nearly every day this year.  Here are some tips to get you through this gloomy weather and to start thinking about the sunny days to come. READ MORE

4 Sundays to Summer: How to Make the Most of Your Time at DePauw

By Margaux Fleschler
April 21, 2014 - 2:25pm

It’s post Spring Break, you feel refreshed (and maybe a little tanner) and it’s already time to dive back into schoolwork. Before you roll your eyes, remember that we, DePauw students, only have 5 weeks left at the ‘Castle before summer. Yes, that means the work is almost over but it also marks the end of another academic year and saying goodbye to your friends and sorority sisters for a little while. Have you accomplished everything that you wanted to this year? Are you trying to fit four weekends of formals, philanthropy events, mom’s weekends, and Little Five into your calendar? Here are some tips on how to do it all and keep your sanity. READ MORE

The Scoop on This Season’s Sunnies

By Maria Rummel
April 21, 2014 - 2:19pm

Spring has sprung and if there is one thing us DePauw ladies are craving more than Starbuck’s iced coffee it is a healthy dose of Vitamin D! Whether you’re catching rays at this week’s biggest “darty” to heading Boswell field to catch the last quarter of the men’s lacrosse game, or reading Divergent on the East College lawn, stylish eye wear is a must! Here’s what is trending at DePauw this season: Flaunt your feminine side:  READ MORE

Celebrating Spring at Bowman Park

By Emily Scinta
April 14, 2014 - 9:00am

Fingers crossed that the warm weather we have been experiencing is here to stay. It’s time to get outside and get involved with all of the outdoor Spring activities DePauw has to share! READ MORE

Life in Neverland: Fraternity formals in another kingdom

By Kelly Killpack
April 9, 2014 - 8:44pm

It’s fraternity spring formal season! (It’s better than prom, freshmen) This year is a bit different though--there are two weekends that the boys will be off to different cities with dates for unforgettable adventures. Whether it is your first off-campus formal, or you’re a veteran who is traveling to more than one (we’re jealous), check out these tips to make your weekend extra magical. Make a killer playlist for the drive READ MORE