Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

DePauw Archives

Nicole Darnall '16

By Kristin Martin
October 22, 2014 - 6:25am

By Taylor Summers  Meet Nicole Darnall, our newest HerCampus Celebrity who is involved in so much on campus including D3TV, a member of Alpha Phi, junior communications major, campus tour guide, and on the executive team of Dance Marathon, it’s no wonder she landed this awesome internship this semester. She is currently in Chicago doing her Media Fellows internship with Kurtis Productions for the show “American Greed”. If that isn’t impressive enough she is also a campus ambassador for The Skimm, on a mission to get students out of the “DePauw bubble” with a quick and easy to read news sent to your email every Monday through Friday. Check out the details below of all the things Nicole is doing in Chicago!  READ...

Katie Stack '16

By Kristin Martin
October 18, 2014 - 11:20pm

By Jackie Graf With all of the excitement of Greek Week and the upcoming Greek God and Goddess competition, a lot has been going on around campus regarding Greek life. Greek Week and Greek God and Goddess are great events for the entire community to unite with one another, and are a perfect opportunity for first year students to get a taste of Greek life as well! Katie Stack, the VP of Programming for the Panhellenic Executive Council, gives us some insight into the planning for the week and the exciting events coming up! Her Campus: So Katie, can you tell us a little bit about what Panhellenic does?  READ MORE

Daniel Mosbarger '16

By Colleen Whiting
October 18, 2014 - 11:15pm

This week’s Campus Cutie Daniel Mosbarger, is one busy man. Between presiding over the Phi Kappa Psi brotherhood, reliving the glory days through intramurals and taking a full course load as a Management Fellow, it’s a miracle he found time to talk to HerCampus! We sat down with Mr. Mosbarger and asked him a few personal questions and after reading his interview- there’s a strong chance you’ll be visiting Phi Psi more often. HerCampus: So Daniel, tell our readers a little bit about you. READ MORE

"I woke up like this": How to Look Good for your 8am

By keelymcgrath2016
October 18, 2014 - 11:04pm

Remember when you thought signing up for that 8 AM class was going to help you be more productive? Or when you thought signing up for a 7 AM cycling class would be fun? Early morning classes and activities seem like a good idea… until you notice those bags under your eyes. Waking up early can really take its toll, but no one wants to look as tired as they feel! I decided to share some of my tips and tricks for looking awake, no matter how early it is. And to prove it, I took pictures of myself going through the steps before my radio show at WGRE that starts at 4 AM. Going through this little routine took only 6 minutes and made me feel so much better about being awake so early! READ MORE

Movies and Munchies with Alpha Chi Omega

By Grace Quinn
October 11, 2014 - 7:59pm

Come out to Alpha Chi Omega’s front yard on Thursday October 16th at 8:30 p.m. to watch Monsters University with your friends! Popcorn and puppy chow will be available for $1 and all proceeds benefit Domestic Violence Awareness. Admission is free and the movie will be shown outside so dress warm and bring blankets! READ MORE

Thomas McEvily '18

By Grace Quinn
October 11, 2014 - 7:56pm

By Katie Tipsword This freshman campus cutie from Larchmont, New York is looking forward to a great year here at DePauw. He is part of the outdoors club, a musician, and was also nominated for Lord of Old Gold. DePauw Her Campus, meet Thomas McEvily! Her Campus: How is your freshman year going? Thomas McEvily: Freshman year has been great! It’s been really hard balancing social life, work, and sleep. Sleep has been taking a back seat because I really like to meet new people but I also want good grades. Caffeine has been really important lately. HC: So how does it feel to be a campus cutie? READ MORE

Falling into Shoe Trends

By Grace Quinn
October 11, 2014 - 7:51pm

After dealing with months of hot, humid, and 90-degree weather, most girls are sick and tired of their flip-flops and are ready to upgrade to a brand new pair of fall shoes. Trends come and go, but are always exciting to follow. This year’s fall shoe trends come in a lot of different shapes, sizes, and price ranges.  Sneakers:  READ MORE

De-Stress With Yoga

By Grace Quinn
October 11, 2014 - 7:43pm

By Celeste Klinger READ MORE

Akil Davis '17

By Marie Schloneger
October 11, 2014 - 7:33pm

Once you meet Akil Davis, you won't ever forget him. Whether its sporting a stylish mohawk, greeting everyone with a great personality and smile, or breaking out some dance moves, it is no wonder everyone on campus wants to get to know him better. Akil is a sophomore RA for College Street Hall this year, and also plays violin for the group, "Bootleg String Ensemble." Her Campus writer, Marie Schloneger, sat down with Akil to get to know him better. Her Campus: Hey Akil! How has your year gone so far? Anything eventful happen? Akil Davis: Well, so far sophomore year has been pretty great, although extremely busy. I am a RA this year, but I love my residents and I love the classes that I'm taking.  READ MORE

The Spill: Uncle George and Wyatt Isabelle

By Laurel O'Rourke
October 11, 2014 - 7:26pm

The Spill is back to bring all the latest pop culture news to all of it’s fabulous readers! What a week to come back! Let’s start with some good news. On September 30th, the couple that was meant to be, Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis welcomed the heir to their oh so beautiful throne. The announcement came soon after their daughter’s birth, although the name was withheld for a day, keeping adoring fans waiting with bated breath. While the child is no doubt going to be a knock out, there was speculation over what her name could be. Given recent Hollywood baby names, like Kate Hudson’s son, Bingham, the world’s most perfect baby could have nothing but a perfect name. READ MORE