Andrew Quinn ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Whether you’re watching a DePauw baseball game, at a party, or just walking down East College Lawn, sophomore Andrew Quinn will be sure to catch your eye. Andrew is highly involved with his fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, is one of the starting pitchers for the DePauw baseball team, and is even a waiter at Alpha Phi. Her Campus writer, Marie Schloneger, sat down with this week’s Campus Cutie to get to know him better.

Her Campus: Hey Andrew! How has your sophomore year been going so far? Anything in particular that stands out to you?

Andrew Quinn: It’s really nice to get to live in my fraternity with all my brothers and it’s a lot more fun hanging out there than in the dorms last year. Also, we just got done with fall baseball, and I’m really excited to play baseball this year. It was cool to connect with all the new freshmen and get to know my teammates better.

HC: Sounds like your year is off to a great start! Now you told us you were in a fraternity, so can describe your typical weekend?

AQ: Well on the weekends we just clown around! My fraternity brothers and I just hang out, we don’t try to do anything over the top, and we all just mess around and just enjoy each other’s company.

HC: So when you’re just “hanging out,” what is your go-to pump up song that immediately makes you want to start dancing? 

AQ: Oh gosh, there’s so many! It’s just because I’m such a good dancer! Haha! But if I had to choose one, it would be anything that my fellow teammate and pledge dad, Conor Einertson, plays on his speakers before a big night.

HC: What is one thing you would be embarrassed to tell Her Campus readers about you?

AQ: Well the first two weeks of freshman year, my roommate Reid Pittard and I stole an inflatable tiger head and hung it by a shoelace out our window. It’s more stupid than embarrassing I guess, because people had no idea who’s room it was, or why they were doing it. It was just one of those things that was only funny to Reid and me.

HC: Oh yea! I remember seeing that tiger and wondering what was behind that story! Okay now let’s get to the good stuff. So, what do you look for in a girl?

AQ: I guess just someone that is really down-to-earth and just always happy. I love making people smile, so anyone that I can make smile easily would be ideal.

HC: Anyone in particular you’re crushin’ on these days?

AQ: Nope, I’m just your typical single guy!

Thank you, Andrew, for letting Her Campus readers the chance to know you better! We’ll make sure to keep an eye out for you and your crazy shenanigans!