Accents of Green for St. Paddy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

With St. Patrick’s Day coming up just around the corner, it’s time to start picking out what to wear for those darties (day-parties). Just because you might not own any green clothing, doesn’t mean you can’t look festive. All you have to do is accessorize! Here are 3 ideas:

Beads, Beads and more Beads

Even if you don’t have any, your nearest Dollar Store and Wal-Mart will! Buy a pack of green (or green, silver, and gold) beads and just wear them around your neck. If you’re feeling really lucky, you can even buy the one with a shot glass attached to it. They’ll add a little pop to your outfit, and accent your ensamble! Not to mention, they’re fun to play with and if you have enough of them you can help dress your friends up festively, too!

Knee High Socks and Tee

Everyone loves having an excuse to wear funky socks. Well, here’s your chance. You can wear any green (St. Paddy’s Day decorated or not) socks over some leggings. In addition to the socks, take a trip to the store and buy a simple St. Paddy’s Day graphic tee. And beads. You can’t forget the beads!

Green Scarf

Since it’s still pretty chilly out, just put on a green infinity scarf with your outfit, add some sort St. Patrick’s Day headband and you’re ready to go!